Podcasts

glorman

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was looking but couldn't find a way to have podcasts automatically download on the phone. Is this possible? On my Blackberry there was Blackberry Podcasts that did just that. I refuse to believe my BB was better at something that's named after the iPod!

Grant

glorman

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes automatic, on BB you could subcsribe to a podcast and it would automatically download new episodes as they were released.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You could get an app, but if you use iTunes, youll have to sync your phone to get them. Im currently looking for a good podcast app that will download them, and queue them in order so I can listen to them chronologically (if anyone knows of a good one).

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
iTunes does this automatically so that it's there for you when you sync.

Not sure about the ViPhone, but my 3GS will not download files over a certain size over 3G. It either has to be on Wifi, or on the PC.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can download podcasts directly in iTunes on your iPhone and you can also get a free RSS reader that supports podcasts. So whatever you subscribe to will update in your RSS reader and you can listen to it.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer. it's so much nicer having the podcasts jut there whether you remember to sync or not.

Grant

Just get a RSS reader that supports podcasts. You can add your subscriptions and update when you want to get the next one. You podcasts shows up like new feeds for the new podcasts.

xmnj

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Mediafly works good, along with Podcaster (I use this), or Downcast. I know Podcaster will allow you download full podcasts over 3G without restrictions.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed to find out that you can not load podcasts or apps larger than 20MB over the 3G network, you have to be connected to wifi. Seems like it should be a choice.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried Mediafly, but it seemed overly complicated and difficult to use. Doesnt seem to order chronologically either. Havnt tried podcaster, im hesitant to pay for it, especially given the mixed reviewed on itunes. Im looking for something like Google Listen, for the exandroid people out there. Does Podcaster allow you to download on the phone, and list podcasts in chronological order like Google Listen?

xmnj

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I tried Mediafly, but it seemed overly complicated and difficult to use. Doesnt seem to order chronologically either. Havnt tried podcaster, im hesitant to pay for it, especially given the mixed reviewed on itunes. Im looking for something like Google Listen, for the exandroid people out there. Does Podcaster allow you to download on the phone, and list podcasts in chronological order like Google Listen?

I have only had issues with one podcast downloading out of order, but it did the same thing when I used Google Listen.

As stated before, Podcaster does not have a download limit over 3G, only thing is that you have to start the app for it to download. You can set download times, but it will not refresh automatically if the app is closed. I basically set three refresh times, 6AM, 12PM, 8PM, and pretty much just open the app up in the morning or evenings to kick off a refresh. Another nice feature, you can set which podcasts alert you with a push notification when a new podcast is posted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28