Pleased with everything but battery life

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, overall, very happy with my XS Max. But Apple sold us a bill of goods on the improved battery. It barely lasts any longer than my X - with the smaller battery - did. In fact, I think the XS Max drains more on standby than my X ever did. Was hoping it would be as significant an improvement as going from a regular iPhone to a Plus was, but it's not at all. There. Just wanted to get that out of my system. :)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Battery is pretty good for me. I think its as good or better than my Note 9 and it’s 4000mah battery. If Apple had put a 3500-4000mah battery in they’d have raised the price accordingly and we’d likely be ranting about that for sure.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, because my experience is totally different. The battery life on my Xs Max is great, but that's also coming from a two year old 7 Plus. It's not that hard for me to remember what my other new iPhones battery was like and I can honestly say that the Max battery is also better than past new iPhones.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Battery is pretty good for me. I think its as good or better than my Note 9 and it’s 4000mah battery. If Apple had put a 3500-4000mah battery in they’d have raised the price accordingly and we’d likely be ranting about that for sure.

Not me. I think that's the only hurdle left for Apple to clear. Put a big honking battery in there and I'll gladly pay a little more. :)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, overall, very happy with my XS Max. But Apple sold us a bill of goods on the improved battery. It barely lasts any longer than my X - with the smaller battery - did. In fact, I think the XS Max drains more on standby than my X ever did. Was hoping it would be as significant an improvement as going from a regular iPhone to a Plus was, but it's not at all. There. Just wanted to get that out of my system. :)
Battery life has been nothing but stellar for me. It was not this great with my X and usually I will be running to charge my X by like 6pm in the evening. With my Max, now I don't really bother and put it to charge only when I wake up in the morning!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys keep your battery topped off or let it drain way down before charging?
I try to charge mine before it hits 50%. Good idea or not?

My battery life is not that great either.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you guys keep your battery topped off or let it drain way down before charging?
I try to charge mine before it hits 50%. Good idea or not?

My battery life is not that great either.

My truck has a wireless pad in the center console so it goes there when I drive. I have a pad on my desk at work so it goes there. Same goes for my living room when I sit and watch television.

Just top off and don't worry about all that other stuff regarding draining all the way down, this and that. It can handle being topped off.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with battery life, however, my Max is usually plugged into my truck for CarPlay. So that helps. Even without that my battery lasts a good deal longer than my X ever did.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, because my experience is totally different. The battery life on my Xs Max is great, but that's also coming from a two year old 7 Plus. It's not that hard for me to remember what my other new iPhones battery was like and I can honestly say that the Max battery is also better than past new iPhones.

You typed the words right out of my hands.

I suggest a careful look at settings and apps. As an IT admin I get battery life complaints often for different phones and Apple Watch. Most of the time revisiting the config is the fix.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don’t notice much of a difference in either direction compared to my previous iPhone X. Yes, the battery is larger but so is the display (which has the biggest impact on battery life).

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was the only one who thought the battery on this phone wasn't lasting as long as the X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4