Pictures not opening in Potos.

tysonmike

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Here is my problem. I was given a mid-2009 MacBook Pro.
Everything works fine except the Wi-Fi; I had to get a dongle for it.
I re-installed El Capitain on it because I didn’t want the old data on there from whoever owned it before me.
I signed into my iCloud and I get my mail, facetime, messages and everything else except Photos doesn’t works correctly.
I open photos and I see all my pictures there from my iPhone. I have it set to download originals to the pc. But some open and some don’t. I get an exclamation point inside a triangle and the videos I have taken say they can’t play and they have to be converted into QuickTime.
I let it update all night and left the photos preferences open to see the progress of the upload. I woke up this morning and it had completed but still some pictures will not open. In fact some pictures in the same photo stream won’t open but the one next in line will.
I have run the rebuild command multiple times and that hasn’t worked.
I think I had the same problem in my iMac when I first got it and did a clean install. I had to re-install El Capitain to get it to work. It has since upgraded to Sierra and High Sierra since. Forgive me for not searching the forums, but I'm at work and had to do this on break.

What can I do next before I re-install the OS? I am not into using third party apps to view stuff because I like the cohesion of the Apple ecosystem. What do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Log into iCloud via a web browser to see if the photos are visible in the Photos section therein. If they are visible, try to download the photos onto your MacBook Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77