• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Phone won’t charge

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Well guys I’m at 19% and counting. My iPhone X will not charge, I just bought a brand new charger (yes Apple brand I have like four now) and it’s toasted. Going to run out and get a wireless charger and see if that works until I can get to Apple...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before going out to get a wireless charger, go to the Settings and choose the "Reset All Settings" options, just in case it's not a hardware problem.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Well guys I’m at 19% and counting. My iPhone X will not charge, I just bought a brand new charger (yes Apple brand I have like four now) and it’s toasted. Going to run out and get a wireless charger and see if that works until I can get to Apple...

Did you try a reset?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yeah tried a reset, it’s a hardware issue.
My iPhone 6 did something similar a few months after I got it. No matter what cable I used it would only charge if the lightning connector was plugged in in a certain direction. Took about 10 minutes at the Apple Store to diagnose and get a replacement phone. You shouldn't have a problem getting it replaced.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Try cleaning the charging area. Im sure there are dust stuck in there. It happens to me before with my old iPhone. I used the can air spray.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
If it was me, I would make an appointment at the local Apple store Genius Bar and have them diagnose the problem.

At a 1,000 dollars for the base model of the X, let them figure it out. That’s what the warranty is for, just my two cents.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If it was me, I would make an appointment at the local Apple store Genius Bar and have them diagnose the problem.

At a 1,000 dollars for the base model of the X, let them figure it out. That’s what the warranty is for, just my two cents.

This!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you'll keep us updated!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman