Pebble Steel, Gear 2, or iWatch?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody. I'm debating which smart watch I should get.

I'm looking at the Pebble Steel right now. Does anybody on here have one? If so, what are the pros and cons that you've experienced with it?

Another possibility is to wait and see if I get the Galaxy Note 4 in the fall. If I do, then I'll probably get the Gear 2 or Gear 3, assuming that the Gear 3 will come out at the same time as the Galaxy S6, which should be in April 2015.

Another option is to see if the iWatch is worth it once or if it comes out in November.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Check out the Connectedly Mobile Nations site for loads of info on the Gear and Pebble - Connectedly

Personally i'm waiting for the iWatch although if I can pick up a Pebble Steel for a decent price, I will do. In the UK, the Steel is ?275 (about $470) which is VASTLY overpriced.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I came close to buying a Pebble smart watch several times but now I'm gonna wait out and see if the iWatch is worth the price over the pebble

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Pebble smartwatch (original) and I'm debating the same question. I think I'm going to wait for the iWatch and see what it brings to the table before purchasing the Gear2 or Pebble Steel.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pebble Steel would be my choice, as the apps are mature and the scrolling is good, even though it's still the same e-paper display from the original.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Pebble Steel, for the same reasons as Speedygi, and also because it works on both iOS and Android. Personally, I would wait for the iWatch, then weigh the options and make the choice then :)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Pebble Steel or iWatch, if don't have anything that would work with the Gear 2. Any Android Wear device should be pretty good if you get a newer Android phone

gatti

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I won't hold my breath for the iWatch. If something else is out and the functionality appeals to you, I'd get it. From a personal perspective, it'll need to replace my iPhone for it to have any purpose to me.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I won't hold my breath for the iWatch. If something else is out and the functionality appeals to you, I'd get it. From a personal perspective, it'll need to replace my iPhone for it to have any purpose to me.
It doesn't need to replace the phone, not as much it will complement your communication needs. I find myself checking my phone less for notifications and more for actual usage these days.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll pass on all of the above. I can make do without those. It would most likely end up in a drawer unused.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've got the pebble steel and love it. The iwatch is just a rumor at this point and figured the pebble was my best choice with what's out there. I absolutely love it!

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I really hope the iwatch is real and really nice. I really, really, really want the moto 360, such a awesome looking watch and looks perfect.

I use to wear a watch every day to work until my trust watch finally broke. It's so much more convenient then looking at my phone when I have to take my gloves off and get my dirty hands in my pocket.

But now that I am most likely staying strictly to the iphone I will have to hope for an iwatch, never liked the looks of pebble and wont consider getting one either. I must say I would prefer the iwatch to look like the 360, round face and premium build. That's at least what I would have expected an iwatch from apple to look like.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Was reading up on the new Gear S with the curved screen it's a nifty device a real looker but not my thing a little to bulky but the best I've seen yet come out of Samsung. Now I'm ready to see what kind of Apple Rebuttal we will hopefully see next week

iWatch don't let us down

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is pebble the only compatible watch for iPhone? I'm in Europe and it is very expensive here!!
I was watching the gear2. Suggestions are very welcome!!

EDIT: I'm buying the Pebble Steel today.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Is pebble the only compatible watch for iPhone? I'm in Europe and it is very expensive here!!
I was watching the gear2. Suggestions are very welcome!!

EDIT: I'm buying the Pebble Steel today.

Sweet, I love my Pebble. It does its job well :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl