Overheating

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So here is an odd one. I have had my 5s since December. My phone was fully charged this afternoon and when I went to another work site the phone got really hot at one point and started have crazy battery drain. Went to 1% in like 3 hours then stayed at 1% for 30 minutes. I let it die and now I'm charging it up. This happen to anyone?

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you backup or restored to iclould. I've read that transferring large amounts of data to icloud could cause this. Were you on wifi or 3G? What apps were running? Could be apps gone wild.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It back ups every night to iCloud while I sleep. I was on wifi. Nothing major was running. Usual stuff. Mail Tweetbot, tapatalk. Nothing new or different

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That does not sound normal at all...the only time I have ever been warned of heat issues is when I was at a racing event last year and it was sitting in direct sunlight for several hours. It simply gave me a warning, I put it in my pocket and about 10-15min. later it was fine. I've never experienced anything like you described, and I would certainly make a point to take it to Apple if it was me (especially after seeing so many of these battery issues that seem to effect smart phones across the spectrum, not just one particular one).

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That does not sound normal at all...the only time I have ever been warned of heat issues is when I was at a racing event last year and it was sitting in direct sunlight for several hours. It simply gave me a warning, I put it in my pocket and about 10-15min. later it was fine. I've never experienced anything like you described, and I would certainly make a point to take it to Apple if it was me (especially after seeing so many of these battery issues that seem to effect smart phones across the spectrum, not just one particular one).
Thanks- I didnt get an actual warning on the phone- I felt it through my jeans- It was in my front pocket. When I took it out it felt very warm and I never had that happen before. I will give it till the weekend and bring it to apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll