Only AT&T...

locciola17

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
do you like that at&t is the exclusive provider for the iphone?
or would you prefer that the iphone is available to all networks?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i dont mind it i recently left verizon to come to at&t for iphone and i love the network so far. it is very good in my area and quick too especially compared to verizon. i do rather like the idea of it being an exclusive phone of course apple loves their exclusiveness but i guess it would suck for someone on a cdma network who really wanted one.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'd prefer that:

1. All mobile networks were the same compatible technology.
2. Any phone would work on any carrier (hand in hand with #1)
3. Carriers would allow you to bring your old device to any carrier.

Unfortunately, I don't see any 3 of my wishes ever happening.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
At&t is great in most places i think the iphone is not that great as a phone. I have a nokia e71 and the damn thing is great on this network never drops 3g it can actually use 3.5g and calls sound amazing clearrrrr as can be. I think people need to stop blaming at&t and see that the iphone is very inefficient when it comes to using the network.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
At&t is great in most places i think the iphone is not that great as a phone. I have a nokia e71 and the damn thing is great on this network never drops 3g it can actually use 3.5g and calls sound amazing clearrrrr as can be. I think people need to stop blaming at&t and see that the iphone is very inefficient when it comes to using the network.

Then what do you say to all the other carriers out there that the iPhone is currently on that do not have those issues you speak of?

And for the record, for anyone who does not know, I don't have any issues with AT&T or the iPhone.

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll let you know this weekend how I feel about AT&T; I have had Sprint for years and despite what everyone has said about Sprint; I like them

cbramsey5898

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have had my new iPhone for less than a week and love it. I like how intuitive the phone is to use. We have been with AT&T for almost 2 years from Verizon.

My two cents worth.

AZBear#CB

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I had AT&T for about 6 months. I almost never got 3G service (I live in far NW Phoenix valley) and I still had a T-Mobile family plan for my wife and daughter. I looked at the high cost of AT&T and when it became possible to software unlock I chose to drop AT&T and use my iPhone on TMo. overal this saved me ~$60.00 a month.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I'm perfectly fine with iPhone being exclusive with AT&T. I have been on AT&T since I was 15 years old and always had the same cell number, so I didn't have to make any adjustments to get an iPhone.

With that said, I totally understand why people get upset with the iPhone being exclusively with AT&T. However, I don't think it'll be changing anytime soon and people need to accept the fact that the iPhone is an AT&T phone.

PirateNinja

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
i have been with Verizon since 2001 and just yesterday my wife and i made the switch over to AT&T for a pair of iPhones. she loves the phone and hasnt put it down since she left the AT&T store. Im currently in Iraq and waiting for mine to come in the mail.

once AT&T gets thier 4G network up i dont think we will be hearing that many complaints about conectivity issues as much :rolleyes:

cant wait to get back to the states and see how thier 3G update goes :p

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm totally fine with AT&T never had a problem with them. My reception is always fine, full bars of 3G pretty much every where around the DC area. I came from Tmobile after 6 years when the iPhone first came out summer of 2007. Was never interested in Verizon or Sprint at any time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbartzen