• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

One more thing… Goodbye from iMore

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a "Crystal " Radio set when I was a kid , Years before every self respecting kid had a small transistor radio or tranny ! On that time scale, Phones have some way to go yet !

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It just means the industry has matured. People have grown up. Young people are no longer "enthusiastic" about phones. They are just facts of life.

I have some magazines from 90 years ago (no, I am not that old) that were all about radios. Radio then was a brand new technology. There were lots of magazines with enthusiast "how-to" articles and lots of companies selling radios and parts, etc.

By 1960 they were all gone. Why? Because by then radios were a fact of life. By then, TV was brand new.

And so it goes. Phones are no longer "new and magical". Phones are now standard equipment, like light bulbs. There is nothing exciting for "geeks". Literally everyone on the planet has a phone and knows how to use it.

The question now is, how much longer is Windows Central going to last? Have you been there lately? It is all about games now, and how bad the computer game industry is right now. The "AI" hype is all gone. Thankfully.

All Windows game companies are laying people off. Again, people are growing up and no longer have time to spend 8 hours a day playing games on Windows. No one has a Windows PC at home unless it is for work. Any games being played are on phones. And of course Microsoft has no phones.

People have moved on from Windows. Windows games are no longer a focus for consumers. People today use Windows for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for work, if they use it at all. After that, they go home to their phones/iPads.

"The Times They Are A-Changing".

Indeed, windows is pretty much dead on a consumer level. Even Qualcomm seems to be giving up on windows on arm. The writings on the wall.

51f8db5d70286399931aa90b42c076a0.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sachin Suthar