• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Notifications privacy?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is that Face id keeps your notifications private until face id unlocks the device and then displays the content of each notification right? But what if your using the phone unlocked and a notification pops up randomly? Can i set this to be private also? I use my phone for work and sometimes show customers content my device so i would want any pop ups to remain private if possible.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that Face id keeps your notifications private until face id unlocks the device and then displays the content of each notification right? But what if your using the phone unlocked and a notification pops up randomly? Can i set this to be private also? I use my phone for work and sometimes show customers content my device so i would want any pop ups to remain private if possible.

In Settings > Notifications > Show Preview you can manage the way previews are shown.

My advice is to set it to Never and see if previews are still shown.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In Settings > Notifications > Show Preview you can manage the way previews are shown.

My advice is to set it to Never and see it previews are still shown.

This.

Disable pop ups on apps you want to be private if there’s a chance something comes in at the wrong time.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
One more question guys whilst on the topic of notifications. You know the small red badge that is displayed alongside each app? Can this be turned off for certain apps? There may be some apps that iam happy to receive notifications from for example but i do not want to have to go constantly go in to the app just to clear the badge! Email app in particular!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One more question guys whilst on the topic of notifications. You know the small red badge that is displayed alongside each app? Can this be turned off for certain apps? There may be some apps that iam happy to receive notifications from for example but i do not want to have to go constantly go in to the app just to clear the badge! Email app in particular!

Settings > Notifications

Find the app and turn off what you want. There's a section in each app for what displays when a notification comes in, should be one for badge.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman