Notifications not loading/ wifi issue

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
So got a weird situation. Using my iphone 13 pro max. I find if I'm in other parts of house with wifi it works fine. But if I am legit in the room with the modem it will not load notifications. it took me turning off the wifi connection on phone for it to be up to date on my notifications. Makes no sense to me. And I know that something isn't right because for instance facebook shows my last notification was 4 hours ago but if I turn the wifi connection on phone off then it is back to more recent within minutes. Any ideas?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So got a weird situation. Using my iphone 13 pro max. I find if I'm in other parts of house with wifi it works fine. But if I am legit in the room with the modem it will not load notifications. it took me turning off the wifi connection on phone for it to be up to date on my notifications. Makes no sense to me. And I know that something isn't right because for instance facebook shows my last notification was 4 hours ago but if I turn the wifi connection on phone off then it is back to more recent within minutes. Any ideas?
Without more information like how many WiFi access points, it’s hard to say for sure what’s going on.

Here are two ideas.
1. Try changing the channels on your WiFi access point.
2. Try reducing transmit power on the WiFi access point.

On one side, you might have too much interference from neighbouring devices, or even a weather radar. Changing channels usually helps with that.

Or the signal is too strong, which a device will try to reduce; this can cause connectivity issues.

Both can be change in the access point’s settings, however don’t change both at the same time. It’s likely that it’s just one of those two (although both can happen at the same time as well).

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Without more information like how many WiFi access points, it’s hard to say for sure what’s going on.

Here are two ideas.
1. Try changing the channels on your WiFi access point.
2. Try reducing transmit power on the WiFi access point.

On one side, you might have too much interference from neighbouring devices, or even a weather radar. Changing channels usually helps with that.

Or the signal is too strong, which a device will try to reduce; this can cause connectivity issues.

Both can be change in the access point’s settings, however don’t change both at the same time. It’s likely that it’s just one of those two (although both can happen at the same time as well).
I have one router then a satellite unit midway thru apartment cause it's older house and I swear the walls must be thick or something. But sitting in the room where my Verizon home internet and the router is, is where the issue lies. I will try to mess with settings to see what I can do with that app. Not sure if it's an issue if the phone is linked to the router and the satellite. Cause I can see what is connected on the network map.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have one router then a satellite unit midway thru apartment cause it's older house and I swear the walls must be thick or something. But sitting in the room where my Verizon home internet and the router is, is where the issue lies. I will try to mess with settings to see what I can do with that app. Not sure if it's an issue if the phone is linked to the router and the satellite. Cause I can see what is connected on the network map.
It could also be that the iPhone does not roam between the two, because it has enough signal to not be incentivized to do so.

Having the transmit power at a level that is just slightly above what needs to be covered is usually the ideal situation, with access points at the two extremities of the area (assuming a single floor linear home).