Non Purchased Music on iPhone?

txschafers

Feb 27, 2005
Visit site
I have a combination of iTunes purchased and non-iTunes purchased music on my iPod. Is there any problem syncing my non-iTunes purchased music to a 3G iPhone? Just checking before I take the plunge.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I have actually started purchasing my songs at Amazon.com. They have DRM free 256kbps MP3s (as opposed to using a .wmv or itunes with DRM.)
$99 per song, or $10 for most albums. And it works great on my iPhone.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
How? I have ripped tons of CDs, which play in itunes, but won't sync to my iphone. Are they perhaps in the wrong format?

Could possibly be.
But MP3 players (including the iPhone) except most formats.
If you right click on a song, it usually gives you an option to convert it to a different format. Try it on a song that you can't sync, and see if that allows it.
Note that it will make 2 versions though. Old format/New format.

Origommi

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
There will be a problem with syncing downloaded music through the MewSeek app. If you transfer MewSeek downloaded music to your iPod, then connect it to iTunes it will dump the music downloaded through the app. The lost music can easily be downloaded again by ReSyncing through the app. Additionally, the music you download from them messes with your songs/artist iPod list. Almost to much of a hastle IMO.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have actually started purchasing my songs at Amazon.com. They have DRM free 256kbps MP3s (as opposed to using a .wmv or itunes with DRM.)
$99 per song, or $10 for most albums. And it works great on my iPhone.

iTunes music is now DRM free as well. Although it's in Apple's ACC format, they are also 256kbps. I kind of do a combo buying now. I look first on iTunes and then see if it's cheaper at Amazon.

I think it's common misconception that iPods and iPhones only play music bought from iTunes. But this has been untrue for as long as I've owned an iPod and my first one was a 3rd gen. Of my ~33GB of music less than 2GB was purchased through iTunes. A lot was ripped from CDs and I won't get into where the rest came from. Although if you ripped CDs using iTunes I don't know what format it would have ripped them too that they won't play on an iPhone.

cattsquared

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I've got both iTune and my ripped CD music on my iPhone.
I use iTunes to import the songs into my library and have had no problems with putting them on the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad