New iMore Site Design: Official Feedback Thread

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and remind you about the 'heart / love' animation.

It's currently still broken for me. The animation begins, but then freezes towards the end. ??????

Running Safari 9.1.3 on OSx 10.9.5

As pkcable said, the site has definitely grown on me and everyday it does look a little better. Was definitely a big shock to begin with though. Big well don't to the dev team.

Seeing that too.... it's like it freezes at the end of the fireworks :)

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 6.45.01 PM.png

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Seeing that too.... it's like it freezes at the end of the fireworks :)

View attachment 118142
The only thing I find weird is that, on all other mobile nation's sites, it works perfectly?

Obviously I have no idea how the animation works on the backend, but surely it's just a copy paste? 😃

The only reason I bring it up is because it's honestly my absolute favourite feature! - love it so much. Makes me want to like a million posts just to see the animation haha.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I've noticed lately, and it's happening right now as I type this.

I'm currently using a Dell Precision M4700 laptop, Intel i7-3820QM @ 2.70GHz processor (8 core) with 32 gigs ram.
Screen Shot 05-13-17 at 11.10 AM.PNG
It was a work laptop that has since been retired and reimaged. :) (being a network admin does have it's advantages) I can play Warcraft, Diablo III, Call of Duty, etc., on full HD graphics with no lag.

Since the redesign, I've noticed that I can be typing a post here and the typing on the screen will start to lag behind what I'm typing on the keyboard. Sometimes if I stop typing it will catch up and sometimes it catches up while I continue to type. So far, of all the web surfing I do, this is the only site it's happening on. I also visit other iOS sites along with several Honda Accord sites.

Anyone else noticing this? I just seems odd that it's only happening here. I've also noticed that the CPU fans seem to kick on high a lot while I'm on this site but not of other sites, unless I'm gaming.

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Using most recent Safari, I am having trouble with the "Menu" link in the top left hand corner on the homepage, and at the bottom of the homepage the "Show Me More" link does not appear to be working for me either, nor does it autoload older posts once I reach the bottom of the first page. Have not seen this issue addressed in the thread, and it could simply be a settings issue on my part.

Everything works fine in Chrome.

Disabled UBlock ad-blocker by Whitelisting and all is working now.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi... I just wanted to remind you that the "posting times" are still in correct. For example, it's currently 2:45 EDT.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
OK!

Edited to add... I just did, and it appears to be correct. I'm in the EDT time zone. When I posted this here, it was 8:40 AM, yet the post's timestamp shows 12:40 p.m.

It's really not a big deal, just mildly annoying :)

Oh well that might be why mine is right - it says London! lol But I'm in EST...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
OK.. I'm testing my time settings. I changed it to London.... :D

By jove, I think I've got it! I had to tinker around a bit, but figured out that the problem was somehow with the Daylight Savings Time. Once I toggled that on, and readjusted my time zone to the correct zone, I'm finally seeing the correct time!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
By jove, I think I've got it! I had to tinker around a bit, but figured out that the problem was somehow with the Daylight Savings Time. Once I toggled that on, and readjusted my time zone to the correct zone, I'm finally seeing the correct time!

Hmm, let me see...

edit: yup that did it, too lol

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the minority, but I preferred the previous look to the site. The forums also went backwards imho. Was easier to access various sub-forums because of the large menu at the top when you were in a particular thread for example.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my opinion. But for some reason, software people can just never leave anything alone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my opinion. But for some reason, software people can just never leave anything alone.

a72edeaebc5a26d9566c224de21552d5_suspicious-chloe-little-girl-meme-chloe_292-323.gif

That's the thing, there's a balance between stale and change. Sometimes changing things up offers more features/options, but many don't like change!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the minority, but I preferred the previous look to the site. The forums also went backwards imho. Was easier to access various sub-forums because of the large menu at the top when you were in a particular thread for example.

Being a Moderator, I will probably get an email with some choice words from James (LOL), but I totally agree with you. I don't mind change, but don't over do it. In my honest opinion there is nothing wrong with "minor" changes, but when you get "major" changes all at once it becomes a....challenge to figure out all the new stuff. Speaking of just a couple of many changes that I don't care for is the title banners, I don't care for all members names being the same color, I don't care for like button and other little things. The "new" iMore will take some getting use to.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like whatever changes were made recently. I like the yellow buttons, and what seems like a smaller header at the top (of course it could just be ads were re-arranged and Adblock is doing its job to keep them hidden).

Much nicer IMO!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Small thing i noticed today. Was reading the a forum post regarding the details about Ambassadors and it was really hard to read the text in 'Dark Mode'. I presume the colour was just changed and this isn't a site problem but maybe something to consider changing? :)
Text Hard To Read.jpg

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The more I come back to this site, the more I hate it.. and it's because of the new layout. It just plain sucks. Hate the font, layout and all the ad space on the sides. I'm coming to your site less and less often now.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The new main site design is a disaster. I understand some people might want to only look at iphone news or whatever, but for those that just want to browse through everything the site is very cumbersome.

Guess I will just read through my RSS reader, and avoid accessing the site directly.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The more I come back to this site, the more I hate it.. and it's because of the new layout. It just plain sucks. Hate the font, layout and all the ad space on the sides. I'm coming to your site less and less often now.

AdBlock is the way to go. You won't even see them.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Forum notifications don't correctly display on an iPhone SE running Safari & iOS 10.3.2. There's no way to tell which notice triggered nor how many of them. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_1582.PNG
    IMG_1582.PNG
    72.5 KB · Views: 3

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup