New iMore Site Design: Official Feedback Thread

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the ability to see if you've commented in a thread gone? Previously we could hover our mouse over the number of replies and it would tell us if we had replied in a thread. Sometimes it was helpful info when looking for question threads to provide an answer to. I don't always remember what I have and haven't replied/contributed to.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the ability to see if you've commented in a thread gone? Previously we could hover our mouse over the number of replies and it would tell us if we had replied in a thread. Sometimes it was helpful info when looking for question threads to provide an answer to. I don't always remember what I have and haven't replied/contributed to.

The top thread is one I've participated in, the bottom one I haven't. The icon is different.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.21.33 PM.png

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Maybe the Participated view would work as an alternative?

jkdawson

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
IN general I like the new design. One thing I don't like is the way articles scroll over an image behind them. Constantly having the image behind the article covered and uncovered when the article is scrolled down is very distracting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are all these changes going on the reason "likes" are not showing in the apps? They don't show in either TapaTalk or the iMore forums app. Other forums in TapaTalk are fine.

This is still an issue. The "likes" are not showing in the apps. They do show online in Safari.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Might be a bit bias here since I was one of the one's who helped to test from the beginning, PLUS I liked the new design from the start, BUT it has REALLY grown on me! They made some sensible tweaks to it, emphasizing the black a bit more, and thus perhaps making the yellow have a bit MORE punch when used. I think it REALLY brings out the site logo. When I see that lower case black i in a yellow box in someone's profile I KNOW they are a fellow iMore member. The logo in particular really pops!

Am I crazy or did @David Lundblad and @GioLogist do a fantastic job on this site redesign or what! Lots more people were involved BUT those 2 deserve the most credit!

Last edited:

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Using most recent Safari, I am having trouble with the "Menu" link in the top left hand corner on the homepage, and at the bottom of the homepage the "Show Me More" link does not appear to be working for me either, nor does it autoload older posts once I reach the bottom of the first page. Have not seen this issue addressed in the thread, and it could simply be a settings issue on my part.

Everything works fine in Chrome.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Love the new design. Coming from WP site, it's a breath of fresh air.

Now for my one and only suggestion across all of the Mobile Nation sites. I'm not a young Whippersnapper anymore so the lack of contrast in the articles and posts give me a headache. I would like to see slightly more original post test be a bit darker on the pastel background. I would then like to see viewable contrast between original posts and reply's. Right now I have trouble seeing where the original post stops and where the reply begins. I'm not asking for a major change; just one that makes it possible for us older guys to be able to read, comprehend easier and enjoy the sites more. I visit each on a daily basis and the contrast problem is across the board for me.

Yes there is a dark mode but my personal preference is a light background with more contrast to the various text.

Thanks and ya'll can take over control of your PC's now.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and remind you about the 'heart / love' animation.

It's currently still broken for me. The animation begins, but then freezes towards the end. 😃

Running Safari 9.1.3 on OSx 10.9.5

As pkcable said, the site has definitely grown on me and everyday it does look a little better. Was definitely a big shock to begin with though. Big well don't to the dev team.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup