New facebook

Thatguy111#IM

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Since i updated to the new facebook i havent been getting notifications but besides that everything runs perfectly. For example i would not get a notification if a friend messages me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Since i updated to the new facebook i havent been getting notifications but besides that everything runs perfectly. For example i would not get a notification if a friend messages me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Turn on notifications? There are settings in FaceBook, in the app, in the settings/notification center... make sure they're all set to annoy alert you when something happens.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
make sure they're all set to annoy alert you when something happens.

LOL! exactly. i have mine set to Sound > OFF , View in Lockscreen > OFF , Badges > ON , Notification Center > ON

i check them when "I" want to, not when my device tells me to

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
IF you are still jailbroken then there's no telling. maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey Thatguy
If your device is not proving you notification alerts from Facebook, check your app settings.
Launch the app, go to settings then notification center and check alerts are ON instead of annoy.
If this works then it is well and good else try uninstalling your app from your device and then re-install it. Hope this will provide you the solution for your issue.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I dont think having messenger installed but try deleting it and see if that helps you. I myself dont get alot of messages because the people i have on fb call or text me. But this app is much quicker than before.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my suggestion would be the following:

Restore as New iPhone

Download the Facebook app and test to make sure you are getting notifications (which you should)

then load your latest back up onto the device - this part is questionable since it may be a back up that contains jailbroken data and more than likely corrupted data. if that is the case then you might be better off just starting over with a Restored as New setup

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it is a possibility. i still say Restore as New iPhone when given the option towards the end of a restore in iTunes

Restoring as New has always corrected issues i have ran into

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you are just talking about Facebook notifications (and not SMS, email, other push notifications, etc) my guess would be that the new app sucks just as much as ALL of Facebook's apps have at notifications. I don't think it has ever really been reliable?I still get many notifications that I never see until I launch the app.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This sometimes happens to me when I'm connected via 3G/EDGE; however, if leave the app open in the background, I get notifications and badges.
I've never had problems when I'm connected over Wi-Fi, though.

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Would haveing facebook messenger installed cause this and also would a restore help?

Facebook messenger is a different app, yes they are for the same website services but served differently. I am having both apps over my iPhone 4S and these apps sends notifications as different apps. The restore may help your out, some times issues causes in the app while installing, give it a try.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i get all FB notifications via LS or NC, except for when someone "Likes" my comments or photos. those i get when i actually go into the app

it's been this way for a long time

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564