New 13 pro max warm when off charger

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
My last 11 the battery was shot so always getting warm. Now this new one is to. What gives? Anything I need to turn off so it’s not doing this. It’s not on charger either. I understand if it was maybe it gets warm charging.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have items constantly syncing or updating in the background? Specifically, social networking apps or Google apps?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My last 11 the battery was shot so always getting warm. Now this new one is to. What gives? Anything I need to turn off so it’s not doing this. It’s not on charger either. I understand if it was maybe it gets warm charging.

What are you using to charge your iPhone?

It is normal for the phone to get warm when charging, because your pushing electrons into the battery. That operation has heat generation as a byproduct. To reduce heat, you would need to charge slower

You can also disable Background App Refresh for apps that you don’t need to update continuously, or push email. Note that these changes would apply both on and off-charger.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
What are you using to charge your iPhone?

It is normal for the phone to get warm when charging, because your pushing electrons into the battery. That operation has heat generation as a byproduct. To reduce heat, you would need to charge slower

You can also disable Background App Refresh for apps that you don’t need to update continuously, or push email. Note that these changes would apply both on and off-charger.

I’m using the regular usb cord not the usb c. I may need to change settings on stuff. I did try to go thru and delete unused apps as well

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m using the regular usb cord not the usb c. I may need to change settings on stuff. I did try to go thru and delete unused apps as well

Do you have Optimized Battery Charging enabled? While it won't necessary help with the heat emissions at the beginning of the charge, it will help with it towards the end - because it will limit the charge to 80% until the expected time you usually take the phone off-charge.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Do you have Optimized Battery Charging enabled? While it won't necessary help with the heat emissions at the beginning of the charge, it will help with it towards the end - because it will limit the charge to 80% until the expected time you usually take the phone off-charge.

Yes it’s on. Interesting how it didn’t trigger charging now but maybe cause I’m using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2