• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Need to Control Volume and lower the sound from IPHONE Blue Tooth to amp/speakers. How can I do this?

John McClellan

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Need to Control Volume and lower the sound from IPHONE Blue Tooth to amp/speakers.

I purchased a INSMA TDA7492P 2 x 50 Watt Dual Channel Amplifier Wireless Digital Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Amplifier Board 50W + 50W Amplifier from [redacted]and a 6 amp power supply [redacted]. The whole amp is about the size of a credit card and about 3/4 inch high. The little amp has lots of horse power and will drive you out of a room if you turn up the volume on the IPHONE and on the AMP.

I found some small 8ohm Sony speakers at Goodwill and the sound is awesome !!!

The problem is the volume is too loud. I turn my IPHONE 6 down to one bar and it is still too loud. I turned down the volume on the amp to the lowest before it stops playing. This still did not help to lower the sound to a desired level.

I would like to put in a potentometer to lower the sound level, but don't know what I would need to be able to adjust the volume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The ringer volume can be different from the music volume so make sure you depress the down volume button on your IPhone as well as slide left to decrease the volume in the music app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedro3000