Need help finding the right iPad case

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
So I love my iPad, and while I mostly use it at home, I don't mind using it without a case. However, I want to find a good, quality case for when I take it out. I really want it to meet specific criteria though. I've looked all over the web for a case that matches my criteria, but nothing matches 100%. I hope I'm missing something, and the savvy tipb forum members can point me in the right direction. Here is what I want in order of importance:

1. A leather folio case, similar to those you might find for the Kindle (Necessary)
  2. A way to prop up the iPad when open so it doesn't just sit flat on a lap or desk (Necessary)
  3. Storage for iPad Camera Connection Kit, at least one dongle (Necessary)
  4. Protection on all sides but still allowing access to ports/buttons (Nice, but not necessary)
  5. A way to secure the front flap closed, perhaps with a magnetic closure or strap (Nice, but not necessary)
  6. BONUS if it can store the charger and cable (I'm thinking this one is a longshot.)

So whadaya say? Does such a case exist?

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Glad you found something that will work for you. What you described sounded like it would be huge enough to make the iPad less portable but I see why you wanted all of it. My suggestion would be a good padfolio case and may e a nice small messenger bag for everything else you want to carry. Good luck though. I'm getting a nice leather sleeve for now and then going and getting a small bag like I suggested to you.

pat3ck

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently, I don't think there's such a case that exists. It's hard to find the best case that's why I started a blog which feature an iPad case daily to help you guys decide the right one for you. :)

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
Glad you found something that will work for you. What you described sounded like it would be huge enough to make the iPad less portable but I see why you wanted all of it. My suggestion would be a good padfolio case and may e a nice small messenger bag for everything else you want to carry. Good luck though. I'm getting a nice leather sleeve for now and then going and getting a small bag like I suggested to you.

Yeah. That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to. I have a messenger bag that works well, and I think the Marware Eco-Vue really best fits my needs. I'm still waiting for it to ship, so we'll see. I'm definitely always on the look-out for better ways to carry my electronics. I'm still searching for the perfect gear bag of my dreams that will hold my iPad, nook, camera, and various accessories. Maybe one day... ;)

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Never happen... lol.

I'd like one that would hold my iPad, iPhone, DSLR, and leave space for everything else I need without taking up any extra space... i want it to look good and be made of high quality materials and have good craftsmanship.

Because of all of that, I gave up looking. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2