My new iPhone 6 screen feels like plastic!

TitusDrop

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I just got a replacement phone yesterday and realized today the the screen totally feels plastic. It still functions well but I am a little annoyed because I really liked the glass screen. Did they change the screens after initial production due to complaints or too many people dropping them?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Try to find out if it has the Matt screen protector thingy , if it does it should feel like plastic

I doubt a replacement iPhone is going to have a screen protector pre installed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Did your replacement come thru the mail or from a carrier store or from Apple? If you think it really feels like plastic, take it back. Thanks for becoming a iMore member. Post often and ENJOY

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forum form LA (lower Alabama). And yes if it doesn't feel like a glass screen I would take it in and find out.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Man that screen ain't plastic. OP needs to get a grip. If he takes it in what are they going to do run a plastic test.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Man that screen ain't plastic. OP needs to get a grip. If he takes it in what are they going to do run a plastic test.

I think the OP should run the "Hammer" test first.
Hit screen with hammer, if screen breaks its glass, if the hammer bounces off the screen its plastic ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD