• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Mobileme email question.

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of buying mobileme now, how many email accounts can I connect it to? Meaning, I have 4 email accounts (yes I need them all unfortunately) and I want them all to be forwarded to my future me.com account, does that mean that I need to invest in a family pack?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, you can simply forward as many email accounts up as you'd like to one @me account. But when you reply on your iPhone it will always show that you sent it from you @me email.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
Why not just use Gmail? On the web you can configure it to reply from the account it was received from. Granted, on the iPhone you will still have the one account...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Why not just use Gmail? On the web you can configure it to reply from the account it was received from. Granted, on the iPhone you will still have the one account...

One good reason to choose mobilme over gmail would be push. That alone is worth the cost, at least for me.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
Canadian Gmail users don't count! Active Sync and Gmail IMAP work flawlessly for me. I even map my drafts, trash and sent items to the matching Gmail folders. Push would be mice though...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I will be counted! *jumps up on desk and waves iPhone high*

*iPhone pops up Gmail "Inbox cannot be found" error for umpteenth time*

D'oh!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Canadian Gmail users don't count! Active Sync and Gmail IMAP work flawlessly for me. I even map my drafts, trash and sent items to the matching Gmail folders. Push would be mice though...

I rather use the safari for gmail. I rather the web based app.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
No, you can simply forward as many email accounts up as you'd like to one @me account. But when you reply on your iPhone it will always show that you sent it from you @me email.

Or you can add all those email accounts to your device (still having them forwarded to @me account) so when you want to reply, you can just select the correct account to send as.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman