Mavericks Update - Any issues?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As I type, I'm updating to Mavericks on my MacBook Pro. Looks like the update is 'almost' done...

Anyone have any issues out there, or did everything go smoothly?

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Everything went smooth. A little larger download than expected but had no problems. Maverick is working great as well and if nothing else I'm loving the new look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Updating my early 2009 MacBook to OS X Mavericks went well and is performing well, thus far. I'm glad I updated.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Only issues coming from GM version 1. Was a HUGE headache. Thanks to some help from Fausty82, I'm now on board... finally.

Ronny Clark

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I love the look and overall feel of it and very excited it was FREE. . . however. . . even as I type this reply, I am taken "out" of the window many times and have to click back inside in order to continue to write. I have not yet read of anyone else having this problem. It is as if it is going to another window outside of this one or something. . . .very frustrating!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We experienced an issue yesterday trying to update the iMac my wife is selling to her friend...it stopped mid installation and said that the install couldn't complete because the hard drive was damaged and needed to be repaired. This hard drive has had no issues before, and looking at it in target disk mode, still had no issues with it...but for some reason Mavericks would not write to it properly. After making sure we had a back up, we attempted it again, and got the same message. We scheduled a genius bar appointment for tomorrow because it's still under warranty, and if the hard drive itself IS a problem, I want them to replace it.

Suefnp

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My hubby spent most of the day on the phone with Apple support. I think the keychain has been enabled, iCloud has been turned off, and he changed all the passwords. He has no clue what he did. I'm unable to get on iCloud because it says something about the keychain "login" cannot be found to store ######### (a long #). It asks to reset to defaults, and I don't know what that would mean. My husb is not very tech, and he did this while I was at work and unable to see what was happening. Any ideas?

pastapapa50

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to run the update on my MBPro late 2011 model. I removed the factory installed HD and installed a 256GB SSD months ago and have been running Mountain Lion, which I installed according to Apple instructions.

When I request the upgrade, I immediately get the message "We could not complete your purchase. The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed." What does that mean and how do I get beyond this message to do the update?

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Mavericks and Windows 8.1 on the Windows partition upgraded without a problem on my MBA. The 8.1 update put my desktop PC into a reboot loop :mad:. Even Windows is better on a Mac lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't upgrade my iPhoto, or iMovie. I'm working with Apple techs to get it resolved. Seems that i changed my Apple I.D. a few years ago, and now i need their permission to download those apps to my new account.:p

UPDATE: Apple came through, and issued me two redeem codes for iPhoto & iMovie. Both have been downloaded, and it's all good. I can't complain about Apple's customer support. It's great!:)

P.S. Maybe Apple will make the Nexus6?

Last edited:

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually having an issue which I'm not sure what's causing it.
Ever since I updated my early 2011 MBP to Mavericks I've been experiencing strange, random log-outs. Anyone else!?
I can be watching a video on Safari or I can be browsing the internet. No matter what I do, my MBP will log me out of my user profile forcing me to enter my password again to log back in. Everything is open just like I left it and I can get back to whatever it is that I'm doing but this has NEVER happened to me before the update.

Is anyone else having this problem!? It's getting very frustrating!

Thanks for the reply in advance

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire