MacBook Pro Spyware Question

I

iMore Question

Since I bought my MacBook Pro 5 years ago the screen light has always gone off when I put the lid down and it goes to sleep. I know the light is off because the Apple logo isn't lit up.

In recent months after I put the lid down the light goes off but then comes on again for a brief period. It has made me suspicious because I have just found out that someone has information that they could only have obtained via my computer and/or emails.

Could the light coming on indicate spyware shutting down or disengaging etc.? After the person concerned knew of my suspicion the light no longer comes on after shutting the laptop. Which made me think that they have stopped using the spyware. At the moment.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's possible, but I can't say for certain. Do you have a backup of your Macbook system that you can restore? If you're really suspicious, and it appears that you are, wipe the device and set it up from scratch, but only if you the necessary means to do so.

scooby1234

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks JustMe'D. I was trying to find out if the symptom indicated Spyware before spending money having my MacBook analyzed. Because of legal action against the suspected person if it does indicate possible Spyware I would need to pay for someone to find it so they could give evidence that it had been on my computer. Is there any other reason why the screen light would come on again for a short period after it had gone out when the lid was shut?

It only started shortly after contentious emails started with the suspected spy and it seems too much of a coincidence. I presume they could have installed it by sending it in an email. And of course my Mac has stopped doing it since I made my suspicions known to the person concerned.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newtothis