Macbook Air 13" Trackpad weirdness

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air 13" i bought as an open box from BBY last year. It has been absolutely flawless until earlier this week. When i turned it on, i couldn't click with my trackpad. When i used a wireless mouse, i was able to log in but the mouse(or the trackpad) seems to select everything. Once I played around with it, the left click on the wireless mouse didn't work at all and the right click behaved like a left click.

I tried everything i could to get it to work... and i think the last thing i tried was the press down (semi hard) on my track pad and i heard like a metallic click and then it started working again.

Anyone experienced this? I can't take this back to the store if it's working fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Trackpad settings in the Preference section and make sure they are set accordingly.

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Trackpad settings in the Preference section and make sure they are set accordingly.

It's not a settings thing. When I pressed down on my track pad, i heard a click or like a metallic spin and it started working again. I think I have a hardware issue but I don't know how/where to isolate or duplicate it now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2