Low volume on earpiece?

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!

Fiancée got an iPhone 8 and we left hers as a backup device as I have a SE. wanted to switch from SE to IPhone 6 to see how I feel about a bigger screen/phone but the earpiece volume is very low.

Tried to clean with paperclip, qtip and blow out. Also tried factory reset, software update and noise cancellation off in settings.

Any other possibilities? Screen was replaced, wonder if cable came loose or something. Not sure if worth replacing earpiece if that’s the issue but local shop quoted $30 or so.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The SE is more powerful than the i6 but the screen on the i6 is 4.7 compared to the SEs 4 inch screen so is it worth the repair cost??

Only you can make that decision

Slammed925

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
The SE is more powerful than the i6 but the screen on the i6 is 4.7 compared to the SEs 4 inch screen so is it worth the repair cost??

Only you can make that decision

Maybe if it was $30 or so lol really just want to wait for a trade in dealfor a 6 and do it then .

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6 plus that had a replaced screen (not through Apple). I do remember the earpiece volume being low and they opened it back up and adjusted it for free and got the volume back. They said it had to be positioned just right or you would have trouble hearing it. Maybe take it back to where you got the screen replaced and see?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bannana2000