Let’s see your iPhone lock/home screens!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cotton Candy Theme is done !
not sure how I feel about it. Honest opinions/suggestions please...I promise I won’t be insulted I have very thick skin lol
7e49dbba730ac701871404f78044dbf5.png

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Lock screen itself which is fine and dock almost gone but that's also when the halo from the clock leaks through. View attachment 130326

I think I'll leave it this way for now & live with the halo from my clock leaking through the other two screen. Of course I cold find a dark clock but this one fits well. Maybe an update or two down the road there will be options regarding the dock

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution to the admittedly 'bright clock' showing through on both peripheral screens. Although I liked the contrast of the dark screen, gold ring, while clock face, by changing the clock I can now run with Reduce transparency off, as well as Increase Contrast also off, thus almost eliminating the clutter of dock and folders in the background. A win win I think. IMG_3355.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I scrapped the nice blue/green clock which fixed the bleed-through problem as it, like many of the analog clock widgets, would hesitate or stop altogether very regularily. So 'a lot' of clock shopping and trials led me back to a tried and true old friend, WWFUJI. It's clock display seems solid enough for 'prime time'. I'll still keep an eye open but I like a serious, professional tool appearance as a priority but realize that 'bright displays' work against me while dealing with the clutter effects of folders and the dock. So this can be my display until an update either makes the dock and folders optional or I find a business-like analog clock which doesn't act like I did when I wore 'wind up' wristwatches IMG_3356.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I scrapped the nice blue/green clock which fixed the bleed-through problem as it, like many of the analog clock widgets, would hesitate or stop altogether very regularily. So 'a lot' of clock shopping and trials led me back to a tried and true old friend, WWFUJI. It's clock display seems solid enough for 'prime time'. I'll still keep an eye open but I like a serious, professional tool appearance as a priority but realize that 'bright displays' work against me while dealing with the clutter effects of folders and the dock. So this can be my display until an update either makes the dock and folders optional or I find a business-like analog clock which doesn't act like I did when I wore 'wind up' wristwatches View attachment 130332

You do know that you can 'stack' widgets just like making a folder.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely - tried it a few times & it simply added to my confusion. There might be a place for it with some widgets but I'm happy to use each separately. Right now my homescreen weather ( HELLO) is 'ok' only because in dark mode the presentation is more subtle. It's sourced ( my selection) to US Weather Channel -IBM.... The little analog clock also will open WWFUJI - sourced By Dark Sky, for their predictive graphs. On my Today Screen I have a small 'WeatherBug'widget which opens their App - good information and predictions but no matter which location in the country is selected & displayed, it's the Met reports for the Airport - which here can have somewhat different weather frequently , from areas away from it. I keep my other weather Apps with different sourcing in a folder. That's more intuitive for me than stacking. I didn't like stacking documents on my desktop either ( FWIW) and DE-selected the option there quite a while ago.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely - tried it a few times & it simply added to my confusion. There might be a place for it with some widgets but I'm happy to use each separately. Right now my homescreen weather ( HELLO) is 'ok' only because in dark mode the presentation is more subtle. It's sourced ( my selection) to US Weather Channel -IBM.... The little analog clock also will open WWFUJI - sourced By Dark Sky, for their predictive graphs. On my Today Screen I have a small 'WeatherBug'widget which opens their App - good information and predictions but no matter which location in the country is selected & displayed, it's the Met reports for the Airport - which here can have somewhat different weather frequently , from areas away from it. I keep my other weather Apps with different sourcing in a folder. That's more intuitive for me than stacking. I didn't like stacking documents on my desktop either ( FWIW) and DE-selected the option there quite a while ago.

Confusion? Now I'm confused...LOL . It just makes it so much easier to go from widget to widget and app to app. It also allows you to change your home screen look instantly. When I realized that I could stack widgets, customization became a whole lot easier...LOL

04cd2b87f1bc48c71c3043baad739bf9.png

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Confusion? Now I'm confused...LOL . It just makes it so much easier to go from widget to widget and app to app. It also allows you to change your home screen look instantly. When I realized that I could stack widgets, customization became a whole lot easier...LOL

I'm a very simple fellow - having 10 or more pages with some pages harboring multi depths of widgets would have me walking in circles talking to myself!! Remember, in my simplicity, I'm far from wanting to change the looks and am happy when stuff just works properly and looks good ( to me!) Once I achieve that balance I'll probably leave well enough alone for 6 months or more......adding to that, many tropical islands ( in particular the more mountainous ones) have 'a few microclimates' even if the square area is small at first glance. Heck - our place (home) would be less than 1/4 acre all told, house more or less in the middle, and I've seen it raining on one side, but not the other - The Airport area, the West Coast, and the East coasts are quite different in temperature, wind, cloud cover. I think the tourist board sells 'airport weather'...some call its environ Bajan desert

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a very simple fellow - having 10 or more pages with some pages harboring multi depths of widgets would have me walking in circles talking to myself!! Remember, in my simplicity, I'm far from wanting to change the looks and am happy when stuff just works properly and looks good ( to me!) Once I achieve that balance I'll probably leave well enough alone for 6 months or more......adding to that, many tropical islands ( in particular the more mountainous ones) have 'a few microclimates' even if the square area is small at first glance. Heck - our place (home) would be less than 1/4 acre all told, house more or less in the middle, and I've seen it raining on one side, but not the other - The Airport area, the West Coast, and the East coasts are quite different in temperature, wind, cloud cover. I think the tourist board sells 'airport weather'...some call its environ Bajan desert

OK. It's what works for you. Simplicity is a good thing and Apple has tried very hard over the years to maintain this approach to its OS, and products.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien