Let’s see your iPhone lock/home screens!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Now with the ability of widgets and custom icons, Apple really need to get rid of the shaded bottom dock or at least give us the ability to toggle on or off...just sayin.

giphy.gif

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Now with the ability of widgets and custom icons, Apple really need to get rid of the shaded bottom dock or at least give us the ability to toggle on or off...just sayin.

Didn't really think about that much before, but with custom icons available it makes a lot of sense.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I wish ( shudda-cudda-wudda, I guess) I'd have saved screenshots of my Phones in the past where possible. Biggest change I remember was iOS 7, as my first was iOS 5 which updated to 6 shortly after I got the 4S....I think the buzzword was that the old icons were 'skeumorphic' ie looked like real things. I remember Notes looks like paper etc.
Screenshots of my Blackberries (or even pictures) and or my Treo) woyld have been nice!!
Didn't Beth Chapman ( Dawg's late wife) use a pink BB ( or was it a Motorola Razr Flip phone??
I think I'm approaching an end point now with what I have, other than maybe a few App changes. But what I have works well and easily and IMHO looks good. View attachment 130322

What is the specific name of the clock widget you are displaying?
I can't find it in the App Store.
Looks great.
TIA

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Part way there -maybe- In a renewed quest to eliminate the darker 'dock' I found a youtube video which led to a website with 'special dockless wall papers' by Hideaki Nakstani. Followed a ling but the pages contain all directions in what looks to be Japanese and I really am not comfortable clicking on choices I don't understand. But I did file a bit also as suggested with 'Settings'/ 'Accessibility' / 'Display & Text Size' changing 'Reduce Transparency' and 'Increase Contrast. Result with both off was good and almost perfect BUT when looking at Today Screen or App Library, bright Widgets like my clock shone through. But using Reduced Transparency ON with Increased Contrast Off was better. Whatever I did seemed to blank out my folders but the effect was fine, but undoing whatever I did will. not bring the folders back even if I want them (?) Here is Reduced Transparency On, Increased Contrast OFF IMG_3351.png

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
And here note the leak through to the Today & App Library as long as reduce transparency remains off This doesn't really impress me much. I will also post what my homescreen itself looks like in this configuration. But I'll use another post asc3 attachments seem to cause broken link disease for me. IMG_3353.jpg
IMG_3352.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77