Latest iMore Forums app is working well

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Earlier this afternoon, I installed the iMore Forums app onto my iPhone X. I noticed that the latest update had yesterday’s date on it. Anyway, I’m finding the app to be fast, responsive and working correctly thus far. I will put Tapatalk to the side for a while in favor of the iMore Forums app. To those of you who are using the iMore Forums app (not the iMore app), have you installed the latest update for it and if so, what are your thoughts about it?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I too installed it after learning of an update. While it’s not as functional as the main Tapatalk app used to be, it is now sadly more functional than the current main Tapatalk app. So I’m using it over Tapatalk for the time being.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The reason I stopped using the iMore Forums app a while back was because it didn’t allow for the customization of tabs. However, I see that it now does. Anyway, I’m quite pleased with it thus far.

nicoledicintio

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
21172ffa55b337f3a0118425d598b25d.jpg

Can someone help me understand why this is what I see (broken pictures) and tell me how I can fix it?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have not tried the new updated app yet but may give it a try. I'd really love to see an official MoNa forums app with all the MoNa forums on it. Then I'd probably stop using TapaTalk.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That has been an ongoing issue for ages. I believe it's a TapaTalk issue and the iMore forums app is based off TapaTalk.

And TapaTalk says it's a MoNa/iMore issue. I don't see this issue on other forums in TapaTalk. Just MoNa forums. Posting images using the picture icon, rather than the paper clip, seems to work in the apps. But images posted from a computer always looks broken in the apps. Apparently, no one sees it as important enough to fix. It really puts a damper on the overall enjoyment of the forum. I get tired of having to switch to the online site in Safari, just to see an image someone posted. It's ridiculous!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And TapaTalk says it's a MoNa/iMore issue. I don't see this issue on other forums in TapaTalk. Just MoNa forums. Posting images using the picture icon, rather than the paper clip, seems to work in the apps. But images posted from a computer always looks broken in the apps. Apparently, no one sees it as important enough to fix. It really puts a damper on the overall enjoyment of the forum. I get tired of having to switch to the online site in Safari, just to see an image someone posted. It's ridiculous!

Test using the picture icon in the iMore Forums app:

ba7df4393f752273a2f225a6b6462196.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Test using the paper clip icon in the iMore Forums app:

IMG_4617.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll