Jailbreak Nerd Fight!!!

Which jailbreak solution do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

htrdlnc#CB

Aug 29, 2008
Visit site
The only I have a problem with so far is qtweeter. After install it makes Springboard crash and go into safe mode. Other than that purplera1n is as easy as pie. :)

reefamadness

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Un Bias Review

I actually had the chance to try both of the JAILBREAKS. I first jailbroke my 3GS with the Purplera1n fix...in the early stages of the jailbreak i did see some issues that were resolved with the RC2 revision.

I myself have just kept the Redsn0w fix. Without a doubt the Redsn0w jailbreak is alot tougher than making it ra1n, which for some reason to me Redsn0w seems like it could be a more in depth jailbreak. I think that in the end it is personal preference and since none of these things are permanent you can restore back to 3.0 whenever you like. We all know without a doubt we will hear the flaws in whichever jailbreak.

Bigups to Geohot, and Bigups to the Dev-Team because without either one of you we would NOT have Jailbreaks and we would NOT have options...

Hack the World!!!!!!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
On the topic of purplera1n vs. redsn0w.. I have been seeing rumblings about the "unofficial jailbreak solutions" (non dev-team releases) as missing critical kernel patches (saurik's words) and also experiencing push notification problems. I have waited too long for push notifications to have those screwed up.

Has anyone here had any issues with push using purplera1n? I saw the post by Rene earlier about JB phones having issue.

Also, what is the deal with the kernel patches missing? Does this lead to an unstable jailbreak? Or are these libraries installed with Cydia updates after the phone is jailbroken?

I love my 3GS as much as the next person so I don't want to risk a bad experience with the unofficial jailbreak but purplera1n is so much simpler from what I've been reading..

Discussion and replies are appreciated. I appologize if this is considered highjacking the thread, but thought it was would be appropriate to generate some discussion on the technical/user experience issues surrounding the two jailbreak solutions..

You are making it sound like the dev team is a Official apple JB. Lol. I do not think there is such thing as a "official" JB, just different people doing it different ways

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Purplera1n hands down. I mean look at part of this log file.

INFO: go go gadget ra1n
INFO: said hi
INFO: sent exp1
INFO: running the geohot command
INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
WARN: wtf who called this?

I laughed very hard at the "go go gadget rain", "I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT", "wtf who called this?" and the whole "make it rain thing"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber