• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iTunes Question: Multiple Computers

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have iTunes installed on my home computer and have it synced with my iPhone. I'm in class and have my laptop with me. Can I install iTunes on this computer and sync it with my phone so that I have the same stuff on both computers and the phone? It seems like I should be able to do this, but I want to make sure before I do so.

Thanks.
:)

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. I'm 95% sure that no, you can't. You can only sync with one at a time. However, you can choose to have it manually manage between libraries. That's not exactly what you want to do but it's the closest.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I cannot do this:

Sync my phone to my home computer in the morning.
Go to school and sync my phone to my laptop.
Come back home and sync my phone to my home computer again.

If so, this seems really silly/stupid.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
u sync it with how many computers u want but it will match what u have on tha computer it will erase it off ur phone u can keep ur iTunes computer libarays exactly the same on both computers :/

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
u sync it with how many computers u want but it will match what u have on tha computer it will erase it off ur phone u can keep ur iTunes computer libarays exactly the same on both computers :/

Got it.

I need to copy the stuff on my home computer to my laptop. Once they're the same, I can sync each to my heart's content.

Thanks!
:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbinaUrbonas