iTunes movie purchases

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
The internet gives conflicting answers, and has me wondering what I should do once I purchase my MacBook.
I have several movies I purchased on iTunes. They’re all sitting in the cloud, since I don’t have the storage space on my iPhone to download all of them.
What I am reading is, if the movies are not downloaded, and Apple loses the rights to the movie, or if it disappears from the iTunes Store.
You completely lose that movie from your library.
So if I understand correctly, you need to make sure every movie you purchase is downloaded to either your hard drive on the MacBook.
Or purchase an external hard drive, and save them that way. Or, is there a way to save the movies to iCloud? Is what I am reading true?
I just don’t want to lose whatever I paid for, thanks in advance.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,
I’m not sure if what you’re reading is true or not as I’ve never purchased a movie from iTunes. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you out soon.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Joe,
I did some research and it seems like what you found on the internet is indeed true. If Apple loses the rights to the movie, it will disappear from the iTunes Store. The same goes with Netflix, where sometimes a particular show might not be available due to some kind of rights issues, but there’s the possibility of it returning in the future.

I would recommend having the movies from your purchase history to be both saved on iCloud as well as downloaded onto a hard drive/MacBook.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Joe,
I did some research and it seems like what you found on the internet is indeed true. If Apple loses the rights to the movie, it will disappear from the iTunes Store. The same goes with Netflix, where sometimes a particular show might not be available due to some kind of rights issues, but there’s the possibility of it returning in the future.

I would recommend having the movies from your purchase history to be both saved on iCloud as well as downloaded onto a hard drive/MacBook.

That’s also the problem, and my only real issue with Apple.
Not everyone owns a computer, which is my case.
So what you can do on your iPhone or iPad is very limited.
You essentially need a pc or Mac for better flexibility with your iPhone.
I did some digging around, and I don’t see any way of saving the movies to iCloud.
It seems like you have to download them all to the internal storage of the phone, which is impossible with 64GB’s of storage.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That’s also the problem, and my only real issue with Apple.
Not everyone owns a computer, which is my case.
So what you can do on your iPhone or iPad is very limited.
You essentially need a pc or Mac for better flexibility with your iPhone.
I did some digging around, and I don’t see any way of saving the movies to iCloud.
It seems like you have to download them all to the internal storage of the phone, which is impossible with 64GB’s of storage.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Oh! It seems like the movies you have purchased are already stored in iCloud.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2