iTunes 8.2 Officially Released

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Go grab it... [URL="https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/#mn_p]iTunes 8.2[/URL] is official. Hmmm, wonder if this means we will see the 3.0 software next week... only time will tell.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to see what apple does about that sync palm is really shady for piggy backing on apples success every chance they get...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The version on this is 8.2.0 and the 2nd beta from iPhone dev is 8.2.10. So if you are running the beta I guess you shouldn't install this new one?

Actually it's 8.2.0.10 so maybe they are the same?

Last edited:

TopToffee

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Go grab it... iTunes 8.2 is official. Hmmm, wonder if this means we will see the 3.0 software next week... only time will tell.

Seems pretty likely - the only changes note when you download 8.2 is "iTunes now supports the iPhone with 3.0 software update"

or words to that effect...

Oooooooo i'm excited!! :D

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
So if we're running the beta, should we not install this version of iTunes and keep the one we got with the beta?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So if we're running the beta, should we not install this version of iTunes and keep the one we got with the beta?

I honestly think the second beta is actually the same thing that is offered on the website. Also if you do a software update right on your Mac iTunes does not come up, only a Quicktime update. So unless Apple says otherwise, I'd stick with the last beta.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

Should be ok, going to test now and will post back here. The version number is slightly newer so I assume it should work ok.

8.2.0.10 vs 8.2.0.23

Also, the beta from the iphone dev center has been removed.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are jailbroken do not update to 8.2... details will be posted on the main page in a few minutes.

*Ok, to clarify - if you are looking to jailbreak in the near future - do not update to iTunes 8.2. The Dev-Team is looking into a fix for the problem. Will update the main page when it happens.

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
8.2 still syncs with the Palm Pre. Just thought you may be interested to know that. :)

I've been trying to find this out. Seemed like there was a good chance it broke it with the JB stuff you reported.

Any link or facts to back this up? I'd like to update my blog with this info.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been trying to find this out. Seemed like there was a good chance it broke it with the JB stuff you reported.

Any link or facts to back this up? I'd like to update my blog with this info.

Someone I know with a Pre tried it out for me. Also, I think Gizmodo has a post on it but again, it's coming from a tipster who says so. But I can assure you, as of right now, it works fine.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
HA! I just blindly updated it last night when I saw it in Software Update. It didn't even occur to me to link it to the new release. Again, Mr. Oblivious.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abumoosa86