Is it me or do the airpod and airpod pros drain quickly?

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I like my iPhone but I have a issue with the airpods they seem to die pretty quick I feel like I have to charge them everyday.

I want to know if anyone feels the same way. I like my 11 max but it's some little things like the Bluetooth toogle and the ugly home screen just brother me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like my iPhone but I have a issue with the airpods they seem to die pretty quick I feel like I have to charge them everyday.

I want to know if anyone feels the same way. I like my 11 max but it's some little things like the Bluetooth toogle and the ugly home screen just brother me.

I usually get about 4 hours of talking and 6 hours of music from my AirPods Pro battery. I charge the case every other day.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Define quick in the manner you’re using with regard to the AirPods. How long are you expecting the battery to last after having been charged to capacity?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on them is only around 4-6 hours. They definitely aren't built for all day use. You may want to invest in a different brand if you're needing longer battery life. PowerBeats Pros for example offer around 8 hours.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My battery life is also about 4-6 hours. I use them every night when I streaming. I charge my case every other day, sometimes every two days.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I nooce if I don't use them for a few days they die.

For some reason my phone has Bluetooth issues it even forgets to sync with my car headset.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Curious as to know what mode you all use your Pro’s in. Mine stay in transparent mode and I get about 4-ish hours if I use them while talking and 6-ish hours is just listening to music. Only used noise canceling a few times just to see what it does, and I’ve never used them “off”. Might try that as I assume using transparent or noise canceling use more battery.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I nooce if I don't use them for a few days they die.

For some reason my phone has Bluetooth issues it even forgets to sync with my car headset.

After reading this post I charged my AirPods Pro to 100% and didn't use them for about 12 hours (very hard I might add ), and when I checked this morning to see if they lost any charge they didn't.
Not sure if you have a faulty pair or not, however the two new sets I've purchased had a charge for who knows how long when I opened them.
Maybe contact Apple and let them know about your issue.
228ca4b28f64d4087e1c68365d8ce901.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Curious as to know what mode you all use your Pro’s in. Mine stay in transparent mode and I get about 4-ish hours if I use them while talking and 6-ish hours is just listening to music. Only used noise canceling a few times just to see what it does, and I’ve never used them “off”. Might try that as I assume using transparent or noise canceling use more battery.

I leave mine on transparency mode 80% of the time as my old ears welcome the ability to "hear better" and I use Noise Canceling when listening to music. I never use the "Off" setting...and I get approx 4 hours talk time and 6 hours of hearing better time.
I usually just wear one at a time so I always have a back up (so to speak).
e6a8df899c5014cfdfd69ecf653f7613.jpg

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have had my original Airpods about 3.5 years old at this point, and have been used constantly (and even went through the washer about a week after I got them). I have always said that if they ever died I would buy another the same day, definitely a must-have product for me. They have started to drain super fast (less than 2 hours), and sometimes just randomly disconnect, or don't charge. Not to mention the microphone in the right headphone doesn't work.

Was hoping for Airpods 3 to be released today, but since they weren't I think I might grab the Pros. I was worried they wouldn't last long enough for me, but based on what you guys are seeing, I don't think that is a problem. I normally only use one at a time so noise cancellation isn't too important to me, but the tighter seal, and ANC would be good when I do want both in (like when mowing the lawn, etc.). Also the current price on Amazon makes them less than $200, so not a bad deal.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have had my original Airpods about 3.5 years old at this point, and have been used constantly (and even went through the washer about a week after I got them). I have always said that if they ever died I would buy another the same day, definitely a must-have product for me. They have started to drain super fast (less than 2 hours), and sometimes just randomly disconnect, or don't charge. Not to mention the microphone in the right headphone doesn't work.

Was hoping for Airpods 3 to be released today, but since they weren't I think I might grab the Pros. I was worried they wouldn't last long enough for me, but based on what you guys are seeing, I don't think that is a problem. I normally only use one at a time so noise cancellation isn't too important to me, but the tighter seal, and ANC would be good when I do want both in (like when mowing the lawn, etc.). Also the current price on Amazon makes them less than $200, so not a bad deal.

Go for it. I mean if you enjoyed the regular AirPods then you should enjoy the AirPods Pro. The fit is a good deal better, in my opinion.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Go for it. I mean if you enjoyed the regular AirPods then you should enjoy the AirPods Pro. The fit is a good deal better, in my opinion.

Got them last night, Target matched Amazon price. So far I am enjoying them the ANC is kind of freaky how well it works but nice when needed. I didn't realize how bad the battery on my originals had gotten, but these are lasting 2-3 times as long.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Got them last night, Target matched Amazon price. So far I am enjoying them the ANC is kind of freaky how well it works but nice when needed. I didn't realize how bad the battery on my originals had gotten, but these are lasting 2-3 times as long.

Congratulations. Enjoy

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Nice!….For an ANC item that is not over-the-ear, the AirPods Pro is quite nice. We had a fire alarm at our office building yesterday and the noice was piercing. I inserted my AirPod Pros, activated the ANC, and life was again at peace…. ;) ….Anyway, congratulations on getting your new AirPod Pros.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations Glad you’re enjoying them! I love mine & would get another pair in a heartbeat.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151