Is iOS6 worth it ?

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I know it is very early days and a lot of people are posting problem with the update which can either easily be solved or are just down to not knowing the software fully yet, but is it worth upgrading now I should I hang on a week and see if it settles down.

Also
I have downloaded the update onto my laptop ready for when i do update the iOS but wondered if it is possible to move that file to my iMac so my wife can do the update also ?

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
here are the locations for windows/mac, move/copy the ipsw file to the correct location

Mac OS X

iPhone: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

iPod touch: ~/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates

(The tilde "~" represents your Home directory.)

Windows XP

iPhone: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

iPod touch: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

Windows Vista/7

iPhone: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

iPod touch: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

keep in mind, you both have to have the same phone (2 iphone4 or 2 iphone 4s, or 2 iphone3gs) because each phone uses a different ipsw file and you can't share the install file with different models

and i haven't updated either (really want to tho) but i'm waiting to all the dust to settle and see what problems exist.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why not just update OTA and not worry about sharing the file?

The update on the 4S is definitely worth it. Heck, being able to use separate signature files in email is worth it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack