Is iOS still the best?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Fact. In this matter Android is much, much better nowadays. Your concerns seems to be resolved, mainly, in the 7.0 version, as I read about.

Well, I haven’t used an Android phone (until yesterday) for a couple of years. I can see the built in security that didn’t exist, as much, previously. It all helps against the big, bad internet none of us seem to be able to live without. LOL.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No, I cannot consider make it my daily driver because I don't want Google spying on me every single minute of my life. To put and Android in our pocket is the same to put a spy itself in it. And I don't want that.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're carrying around an electronic device. You're being spied on regardless of brand or OS of said device.

Last edited:

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I guess the question becomes more of who you are willing to give your data to in the end. For me, Apple seems more trustworthy in that respect than Google does. Still, I try to keep as much of it as private as possible. This is why I use a VPN on all my devices. My iPhone, both my Linux systems, and my Fire HD tablet that I got as a gift. That one isnt such a big deal, as literally all it is used for is to read Kindle books. Just to be safe though, that one also gets the VPN and is encrypted as well. Nothing to see on it, but better to be safe than sorry. Call me paranoid, I guess. Lol.

atlas9171

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're carrying around an electronic device. You're being spied on regardless of brand or OS of said device.

Is IOS still the best? For me, yes.
Not to mention, Google makes a lot of money from iPhone users. They pay quite a bit for the privilege.

A quick search on anyones favorite search engine will provide all the proof necessary. And many iPhone users are probably unaware.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Once upon a time, iOS used to be the best mobile OS in many ways. By far. In a time when Android was full of bugs and unexpected behaviour, iOS was flawless and trustworthy. In a time when Android had a horrible battery life, iOS was able to make even smaller cells live longer. In a time when Android was utterly ugly, iOS was beautiful and charming. Just to stay in a few elements.

The point is: after some years using only iPhones I received, some days ago, a brand new OnePlus 6T McLaren and, man, it really touched me. The gadget per se is simply astonishing. And Android really progressed some worlds since the last time I used it. The OS is no more laggy, buggy, ugly. Actually it's very beautiful and organized. Speed is, at worst, par with IPhone's. App store is much more organized now and the Assistant... Well, Siri had to put yourself in a hole to mitigate her shame. The experience I'm having right now is, indeed, very, very pleasant. I'm really surprised.

No, I cannot consider make it my daily driver because I don't want Google spying on me every single minute of my life. To put and Android in our pocket is the same to put a spy itself in it. And I don't want that. But, using the 6T last few days made me wonder how much Apple need to improve its iOS system in so many ways. Putting it side by side with the 6T (almost stock Android) just show how much Google's OS progressed while iOS stopped in time. Definitely there are so many ways to make OS better, and as Fuchsia (new Google OS) get closer to substitute Android, I really think it's time to Apple begin to make some serious work in iOS renovation. What do you think about it?

It’s subjective. What is best for one may not be the best for another. That said, I would like to try one of the latest Android devices. I was a huge fan of Android early on. Then I slowly migrated to Apple products and the integration between them is everything I could ask for. Though, I am still interested in how far Android has come.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I do think that, from a high level, Android has progressed while iOS has more or less stayed the same in many ways. If you look at a home screen from an early iteration of iOS it’s not a whole lot different than it is today. They’ve given in a few new coats of paint but it’s still rows of icons with a dock at the bottom with more icons. It’s not difficult to argue that Android sorely needed to move forward in order to stay relevant while iOS has pretty much always worked smoothly.
I was curious what an old home screen really looked like in comparison and thought it was interesting. I posted it below.

iOS 4:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181230/05ee94dd83a67c1ea502e22c8fbf56a8.jpg
iOS 12:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181230/eb2b427c596db1a0a8617b34b43018a7.jpg

Our screen sizes have increased yet Apple still limits us to 4 icons in a row lol.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So... Is ios really the best? Depends on who you ask and what their needs or wants are. If you would've asked me this question weeks ago I would've agreed that ios is the best for ME.

Fast forward to this past weekend as I dipped my feet into the dark side of the pool and got a Samsung Tab A to play around with and experiment having Android software. So guess what.... Now ios AND android are best for ME.

I'm happy using my iPhone ☓ and I'm thrilled to have a tab to play around with and customize....what iPhone can't give me for themes widgets and weather etc. Is something my tab can that makes me a happy camper

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
For me, I don’t think either one is the best. It’s what works best for me. I personally use both iOS and Android.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iOS to me is superior due to the fact that its developed along side its host and the backward compatibility can’t be beat. Very few features are not available to older Hardware which makes its customers at ease knowing the updates still have there older devices in mind

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about iOS being the best but it works for me and I'm swimming in the ecosystem.

Unfortunately I am also.

I don't mean that in a bad way, but if the day ever comes that I leave Apple and move to another platform, it's going to be extremely difficult.

Is iOS the best? That really depends on who you ask. Appleseeds will say yes while Droidheads will say no.

What do I say? No, not the best. Why? Simple. LACK OF CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!!!! Take the reliability of iOS and the customization of Android and you'd be REALLY REALLY close.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I think iOS is far better than anything else is out there because of accessibility features and customization. I used text to speech’s Alex voice to read a paragraph to one of my Google-ite friends. Their mouth dropped open, commenting that it was the most lifelike speech voice they’ve ever heard. They didn’t even know how to go about accomplishing the same on their Droid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77