• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

ipod touch recycle program

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So okay i read on appls site that i can recycle my ipod touch for 10% off a newer model which i will do on the 12th, but the problem is my ipod touchs screen is cracked beyond repair and the glass is kinda falling out of the unit itself. It still works. The touch screen and software works like the day i go it which is scary. even the art where the screen is black works. This a 2nd gen ipod touch. Will apple still give me the 10% off the newer model on the 12th when i go to the store? I am eyeing the 8gig white model for $200.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So okay i read on appls site that i can recycle my ipod touch for 10% off a newer model which i will do on the 12th, but the problem is my ipod touchs screen is cracked beyond repair and the glass is kinda falling out of the unit itself. It still works. The touch screen and software works like the day i go it which is scary. even the art where the screen is black works. This a 2nd gen ipod touch. Will apple still give me the 10% off the newer model on the 12th when i go to the store? I am eyeing the 8gig white model for $200.

Only Apple knows the answer. If they're just going to dismantle them and recycle the parts, it's possible. However, if they are going to refurb them and sell/donate them, probably not.

Wish I could be more definitive with my answer, but it is really hard to say.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman