iPhone4 owners. Help me.$200 for IPhone4 or $50 for Samsung Captivate

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. IP4 it is. As for the guy about AT&T won't let you use a pay as you plan. Doesn't mean you can't.

All you have to do is get a AT&T sim either from the store or get a cheap go phone. Either way do not activate or setup the account with the sim in the go phone. After you do all that throw the pin in the iPhone & you're ready. You can even change a few things to use the $20, 100-200 mb data plan option AT&T has on there pay as you go plan

I think that you would have to get a new sim everytime you want more minutes
or data. Once AT&T gets the imie and realizes you have an iPhone, they will add the data plan automatically to the sim you are using. It is probably doable, but you will have different phone numbers constantly for your contacts to keep up with.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
If you really wanted to go android I would pass on the cappy and hold out for either the htc or moto that are coming out soon. I'm personally looking long and hard at the moto atrix. If you dont want to have to do a lot of tweaking, go iPhone. If you want to tinker, Android; but dont lock yourself in for 2 years for a captivate.
Edit to add: just want to say i love the positives of both platforms - i am not a hater. Depending on the pricing and release point for the atrix, i may give android a try for at least 29 days ;) but its not a platform I'd put my wife on - i4 all the way for her, less time playing tech support for me. If i end up not liking android, i4/5 will be waiting in the wings.

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeh, I was happy as can in 09 with the 3GS but well not anymore. With so many phones with 1ghz processors & 512 ram. Plus the graphics, it's hard not to upgrade.

Another note. The Motorola Atrix is coming out 1st quarter on AT&T with a dual core processor & 1g ram. I seriously doubt Apple will let Motorola have a phone badder than them. So common senses in cell phone progression & close to equal competition. Imagine a Iphone5 with a dual core processor & 1g ram & like 1080 x 720 resolution with a 4 inch screen or even a 4.3 or 4.5 screen :)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would agree about waiting for the iPhone 5. However, since you have interest in Android, I would say wait for the Samsung Infuse. Unlike the captivate it has a camera flash along with other improvements. In addition, unlike your captivate, the Infuse will have Android 2.2 Froyo. I would be afraid to get Samsung though just because Samsung doesn't seem big on pushing out Android updates.

Short version: Wait for iPhone 5, wait for Samsung Infuse, play with both, see how you like them. The iPhone 5 and Infuse will be exponentially better then the iPhone 4 and Captivate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien