iPhone XR Bluetooth reliability in car?

Wbutchart1

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with connecting their phone to the Bluetooth in their car and how reliable that is?

I currently have a samsung galaxy a50 and until the recent update it was working fine in the car, it would okay Spotify and handle calls through the car with access to the phones contacts. Now none of that is working and it won’t connect at all.

How is the XR for Bluetooth reliability? Will my car with his phone still play music fine, be able to access contacts ok and handle calls fine through the cars Bluetooth?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was able to easily connect my Dad's XR to his car. Also of note SOMETIMES Bluetooth will get messed up after an upgrade, and definitely after you reset your phone. The answer to that is to delete the old profile through the car radio's settings and THEN pair it fresh again.

Last edited:

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a XR and the Bluetooth is incredible. Very strong and handles calls, Spotify, Apple maps, and whatever else I need magnificently.

Wbutchart1

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I contacted Samsung about it and they explained how to delete all Bluetooth data. I then deleted the profile from the car and repaired the car and phone, same problems have began again. Quite frustrating as prior to the phone getting a software update it was fine.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Been using my iPhone 7 Plus in various cars with different brands and works always like a charm.
No need to worry.

And don’t let me start with Samsung, my opinion about them is fierce.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Haven’t had any real issues with connectivity with my XR and my Toyota Navi unit. I’ve mentioned in another thread that the Music app goes nuts on occasion, but the connection itself is stable for the most part. I have had disconnections on occasion, but it always reconnects quickly afterwards.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2