iPhone shipments were dwarfed by Samsung in Q1 2022, new report claims

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yup Samsung shipped more smartphone in q1, too bad they can’t seem to sell them due to a lack of demand.

c77c1b903b62451483ebc6c448509ba3.png

Meanwhile also during q1 2022

c4609276c53756a4a13a3b14ba366400.png

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
These reports are usually so damn speculative and incomplete. Apple is killin it, Apple is cutting production, Apple market share has increased. Samsung sales jump, Samsung inventory way up, Samsung shipments are huge. Almost every point made lacks context and often lack evidence. But they all can change stock price potentially.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
If Samsung has that kind of inventory and assuming their sell rate is insufficient for quick sale, I’d expect Samsung to start offering the proverbial kitchen sink if you buy a phone. Holding that much inventory is a bad thing.
There’s even speculation that certain common products are in such high inventory….expect to see deflationary(cheaper) prices for a modest period of time on some goods.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung has that kind of inventory and assuming their sell rate is insufficient for quick sale, I’d expect Samsung to start offering the proverbial kitchen sink if you buy a phone. Holding that much inventory is a bad thing.
There’s even speculation that certain common products are in such high inventory….expect to see deflationary(cheaper) prices for a modest period of time on some goods.

Business 101….if the shelves are constantly full then you’re not selling anything.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Good point and nice catch on seeing this in smartphone news. But I chalk it up with Apple is cutting production. As much if not more clickbait than fact. Apple and Samsung mst and will go to great lengths to keep their production orders secret. The production numbers being made public will have an effect on business.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Good point and nice catch on seeing this in smartphone news. But I chalk it up with Apple is cutting production. As much if not more clickbait than fact. Apple and Samsung mst and will go to great lengths to keep their production orders secret. The production numbers being made public will have an effect on business.

It’s not much of a secret anymore. Samsungs premium handset sales are collapsing.

befea978240d2a7b42a49366b21b0b7f.png

Not only unit numbers but market share has cratered during the launch of their 2022 flagship s22 series. They used to have a market share of 30 percent in premium segment a couple of years ago, and today it’s around 15 percent. 4 years after they went all in with their premium foldables strategy they keep hemorrhaging marketshare, while apple seems to be dominating in the same market segment.

9f60b0b13bbabbf8cfbfb7cbfd6c01d6.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Not much of a secret but unknown to me. :) thanks for the interesting info. I outright did not know Samsung numbers were so heavily skewing to the lower cost models. I knew Apple largely dominated the premium market but I also didn’t know the dominance was that! stark. And given Apple’s gaudy and conspicuous retention numbers, I don’t see these numbers changing unless they move even more in Apple’s favor.
On the other note about foldables, what’s entertaining about that is YouTube tech channels versus consumers. Many tech YouTube channels were in love with the newest Samsung Foldable. As Rene Ritchie (who has not lauded it) basically says, YouTube tech channels who push for X features and these hardware needs, these people are for the few percent. The other 90+% buy what consumers really want. While there will be use cases for a Foldable, on some channels it is approaching comical watching them have a love fest with the foldable while at the same time plainly seeing extreme negative trade offs just to have a bigger screen.
But IF Apple comes out with the Foldable in the next year or two (I have my doubts) and it sells really well, I don’t know how Samsung swallows that extremely bitter pill. The Apple haters and Samsung fans online will need sedation. /s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2