• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone Music App Issue

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

First off, before I start, I wasn't sure if I should put this in the iPhone 5 section, iOS 7 section or the iTunes section. I chose here randomly, and if it's in the wrong spot, hopefully somebody can still help or at least point me in the right direction.

Alright, so I have some issues. Basically, I have my music sorted perfectly on my iTunes. Everything is in the right albums, everything looks great. I'm happy with that. I sync my iPhone with it and it's not the same on my iPhone as it is on my iTunes. I have two examples I can think of off the top of my head..

1. I bought the new Katy Perry album. When she released her first single, 'Roar', I downloaded that. This was before the album name or artwork was out, so it had different artwork and was listed as a single. When the album came out, I bought it all and it was at a reduced price because it had seen I bought 'Roar'. So the album downloaded, and it gave me tracks 2-16 (with Roar being track one). I changed Roar's album name from Roar - Single to PRISM (Deluxe Edition) just like the rest of the album was called, changed it under the sorting options, and changed the album artwork and also changed the track number to "1" of "16". Basically, it was the same as the rest of the album was. It looks absolutely perfect and flawless in iTunes. However, the sync doesn't give me the same result. When I go to listen to the album off my iPhone, it shows "PRISM (Deluxe Edition)" with tracks 2-16. It has "Roar" listed under it as a single just how it was before I changed it with the same old artwork. I had also changed the artwork from the default PRISM to one I liked better off Google and it showed the original artwork on my iPhone. I've synced it multiple times with no luck.

2. Another example is Justin Bieber's weekly singles he's putting out. To clean up my iPhone and not have it look like I have 100 albums from him, I made an album called "Music Mondays" to put all the songs into and list the track numbers in order they came out. So I wanted the album to be called "Music Mondays" and when I open the album, it will have all the singles he's put out from 1-5 now. I changed each singles album name and sort album name and stuff to Music Mondays, but when syncing, it still appears under the singles name.

Anybody know what's up with this? I used to be able to edit this stuff pretty easily. Thanks y'all.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Bump.

I can say that it's only for purchased items I'm trying to change the info with but on my iPhone it doesn't change.

Example: if I bought a physical album and changed stuff, it would change fine. If I bought an iTunes album and changed stuff...nope.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin