Iphone 6s went in the sea...

doomsmith

Banned
Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I fell on a beach the other day and dropped my iphone in the sea water, it wasn't very long at all, less than a minute but enough to damage my phone. I can't figure out what's damaged so I went to Apple store, they don't fix phone damaged by water, they only offer to replace it for £299 which is a lot of money to just put this phone to the bin and replace it.

I am not an Iphone expert but basically the battery isn't charging at all, the phone recognises the charging the cable and when my phone is plugged I am able to switch on the phone and use it although it stays on 1% battery and doesn't charge. It also keeps searching the sim card.

The guy at the Apple store had a look at the charging port and he says he could see some corrosion. My laptop doesn't see that the iphone is connected so I am thinking it could be the charging port being faulty but also the battery and the sim card tray. I am happy to try to fix it myself before buying a new one but without knowing what is wrong is pretty hard.

What would you recommend?

I am also thinking maybe I should buy a faulty phone on Ebay or one with a cracked screen cause my screen is immaculate and the hard drive seems to be working since I can use my phone as normal if plugged to my computer.

Any suggestions will be very welcome
Thank you

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Replace it for $299. It's a lot of money, sure but less than a brand new one. And for $299 it's going to work a lot better than the one you have now.

It's going to be a headache with sea water in it, and the corrosion / damage will only get worse with time.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855