iPhone 6S buying advice

HelaS

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Guys I want to get an iPhone for my girlfriend (surprise gift because her current phone really sucks) and I'm stuck between SE 32GB or 6S 16GB due to limited budget. Please help me decide if the 16GB 6S would be enough for her. I know 32 gigs are always better but the SE is kind of small. She doesn't use a lot of apps, doesn't play big games (only small games like subway surfer, candy crush) or store music in her phone. She will be using Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Viber, Instagram, Gmail and one office app for viewing word docs and ppts. Might take some photos because the camera is so good but not like dozens per day. She has unlimited data so icloud optimization is possible. Doesn't take many videos either. Might install a couple of camera apps like retrica. She watches a lot of youtube and streams a lot of videos but doesn't download them. Will 16gigs be enough for her? I'm kind of concerned because iOS apps are larger than android ones and there's no way to delete the app caches without jailbreaking.
Thanks for suggestions!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think she would be OK with either phone. I believe she could survive with 16 GBs, based on your description of her usage patterns. Really it comes down to size. The specs are pretty similar on those 2 models, so you need to decide does she want the larger screen of the 6S, OR the larger storage of the SE?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree that either would be fine. I currently have a 6s, which I've been very happy with. One thing to think about: if she takes a lot of photos, she might want to download Google Photos, which is free and offers unlimited storage. She can set it up so that all photos are backed up to Google Photos. That will free up a lot of space for her!

HelaS

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, guys. Another question: how does the performance of iphone 6 compare with the 6S? The 6S/SE is obviously faster because of its better processor and more ram, but is the difference in performance significant in daily use, especially with iOS 11?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, guys. Another question: how does the performance of iphone 6 compare with the 6S? The 6S/SE is obviously faster because of its better processor and more ram, but is the difference in performance significant in daily use, especially with iOS 11?

I'll have to check with my mom, and see if she has updated to 11 yet and how it is performing on her phone. She has an iPhone 6. :)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok I just spoke to my Mom, and her 6 is just fine on iOS 11, BUT she's a little annoyed that it KEEPs telling her to update. I presume she means 11.0.1, .2, and now .3. But otherwise she has no complaints. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77