iPhone 6 to have NFC?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Even if the new iPhone has NFC I doubt you will be able to share with Android. I can bet that Apple is not going to provide access to third party developers to the same so don't expect any apps that will support it either using the technology

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, more and more merchants in Canada are going NFC including the big Banks here. CIBC is already on Board, TD anytime now. The rest are following, Royal Bank has NFC in the cloud. Carriers are supporting it with Rogers NFC wallet lablaws Canada has it coming. This is not a fad..its coming hard this year...at least in Canada

Sent from my Z30 using Mobile Nations mobile app

That is the worst example you could use to convince Apple to add NFC, actually this is a good reason why Apple won't add NFC.
If you have an cibc bank account and you wanted to pay via NFC you would need a galaxy s3 or s4 that is with Rogers and even if you have that some retailers don't even support cibc as a NFC payment option. Some only support paypal. Some bank partnered with bell to offer NFC payments but that is only with blackberry's with OS 10 on it.
With that kind of fragmentation Apple doesn't want to add NFC support.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
That is the worst example you could use to convince Apple to add NFC, actually this is a good reason why Apple won't add NFC.
If you have an cibc bank account and you wanted to pay via NFC you would need a galaxy s3 or s4 that is with Rogers and even if you have that some retailers don't even support cibc as a NFC payment option. Some only support paypal. Some bank partnered with bell to offer NFC payments but that is only with blackberry's with OS 10 on it.
With that kind of fragmentation Apple doesn't want to add NFC support.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

CIBC is only one the Big Banks in Canada bringing on NFC, and I'm sure the other carriers are ramping up. NFC is compatible on th galaxy S3,4, and 5 respectively along with BlackBerry 10 devices which BlackBerry still has a pretty big following in Canada (although slipping). I'm seeing more and NFC options in Burlington Ontario although I can't speak for where you are. With respect to Canada doesn't count :) how did those US banks fair during the global economic downturn? You may remember but Canada's banks were the pride of the world as far as lending institutions go.

Sent from my Z30 using Mobile Nations mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dolls_Laughing.gif

Doesn't California have a larger population than Canada?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Apple including NFC for anything. They have airplay and airdrop for sharing as a counter to NFC sharing, plus their passbook app very clearly was placed in as an alternative to NFC, simply because they went ahead and implemented the barcodes in the cards that needed no NFC capability to work at all. My guess is that they meant to put Passbook in there to pacify the no-NFC complainers.

In addition, not every country has embraced NFC payments yet, and those that do like the U.S aren't taking onto the new mode of payment in droves...

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't want NFC for sharing I want it for mobile payments. Passbook and ibeacons are a mixed bag. I've never experienced ibeacons working as advertised. I'm sure if Apple wanted to do NFC and proper mobile payments, they could do it. They have muscled entire industries to bend to their will before (music, movies, cell carriers) they can do it again. If apple introduced a phone with NFC, retailers would update their terminals. Potentially millions of people can now come to your store and purchase items easily with their iPhones? Retailers would jump on that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77