iPhone 5s - They can't be serious, can they?

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S - They can't be serious, can they?

Of course we don't know for sure, but I expect nothing before June of 2013. Could be that we'll get back to June releases. Who knows, the iPad (4) kind of came early out of nowhere.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 5S - They can't be serious, can they?

I'm skeptical this would ever happen unless it's more a Rev B mid cycle release like Apple has done with Macs in the past... The 5 does have its issues but I wouldn't expect a full redesign. It already has lightning and fast processor - unlike the iPad 3... which the iPad 4 resolved... But who knows... Maybe more of a "quiet" update like how the iPad 2 got the 32nm A5 processor...

If Apple releases stuff too randomly I think it might end up hurting them more than helping them...

jngmin00

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I think they won't release iphone 5s in 6 months because ipad 4g was just a update, not a big change. If apple is going to release iphone 5s, not 6, they would rather release it on 2013 quarter 3 or 4

Marli

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5S - They can't be serious, can they?

I hope they do upgrade it.. It's got enough issues. I just want then to concentrate on battery life and stop going so thin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

This makes me mad...but on the other hand I really can't be. The truth is that there will always be the next best thing right around the corner. Sometimes it comes sooner. I do think this is kind of a lame move if it's true...it's much too soon in my opinion, especially when the iPhone 5 still has a 2-3 week wait. I don't really regret getting my 5 because I had a 4 and the LTE alone is a great upgrade. But if the 5S uses different materials or something then I will probably regret it. If they keep it like how the 4/4S was, looks-wise, then it's not a huge deal I guess.

Do people think the 5S would come with a change to the look? I personally think Apple would stick to a big upgrade for something like that...like how they did with the 5.

smfa1965

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, IMO, it depends on what Apple will offer in the next device. Me personally, I've converted from being a long time Blackberry advocate to the iPhone 5. I've been a Mac user at home for several years and that was hard as well given that I work in IT and support multiple user's in a Windows environment. That being said, and only after a week or two on the iPhone 5, I find Exchange for Work/Gmail working great, which is what I need. Plus availability of apps. Much better on iPhone There are many aspects that I miss from my BB and I am hoping that RIM get's BB 10 right when they release next year. But for now, very happy with what I have so don't really care about a pending 5s or 6.

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I really hope they give more info about this I am currently thinking about leaving Android and have looked at the 5 but if a newer phone comes soon I would want to wait

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I have a 5 which I am very happy with. I had a 4 before and didn't bother with the 4S as I didn't consider it enough of an upgrade for me. I estimate i'll probably do the same for the 5S too and worry about another phone when my contract is up, which ever is sooner.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Oh well. Not worried about staying up on the latest. I'm glad to get out of the 3.5 inch screen and have LTE.