iPhone 5 Randomly Freezing

MrDJL

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
The title pretty much describes it all. My iPhone 5 has randomly started freezing. When I say freezing, I use it meaning that when I'm typing, the keys will randomly all freeze for about 2 seconds at a time... It got to the point where it would freeze more and more often doing simple commands. I tried turning it I on then turning it off, and that didn't help. Today I did a back-up then reset the phone. I noticed that even when the phone was reset, it was still freezing when I slid the unlock bar. I restored from backup, and now it's only worse. The phone is randomly shutting off and rebooting. Today I upgraded to iOS 6.0.2 before I restored. My question - is there anything else I should try before bringing it to Apple? Our nearest Apple store is a decent amount of time away, so any ideas to try at home would be great. Thanks!

As a side note, a couple of my friends that have iPhone 4S's have been experiencing more freezing than normal lately. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if it's evident on more devices too. Thanks in advance!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Try a DFU restore of the phone to completely reset it. Don't restore from backup and see if the phone acts the same. If it does I would say a visit to the Genius Bar is in order.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Given your lengths to try and remedy this so far, you're better off taking it to Apple and getting a replacement under warranty...honestly, even if you did get it to start working fine by some method of restarting and restoring, would you want to risk it starting this crap again OUT of warranty? I wouldn't.

ForgWorm

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the Genius Bar?

It might be your phone.. I haven't been facing any freezing issues on my iPhone 5.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Given your lengths to try and remedy this so far, you're better off taking it to Apple and getting a replacement under warranty...honestly, even if you did get it to start working fine by some method of restarting and restoring, would you want to risk it starting this crap again OUT of warranty? I wouldn't.

Eh, it would be worth a shot to save the trip to the store honestly. Only takes a few minutes to wipe the thing out and you'd want to do that before you go to the Apple store anyhow if they are going to swap it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77