iPhone 5 calling bug/issue

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
when I get a call and i go to pick up the phone and i say "hello" and i don't hear anything. then when I say "hello" again the caller can hear me. This happens on every single call that comes in, if i make the call i don't have to repeat myself. is this happening/has happened to anyone else? if so how did you fix it?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me quite a bit. I am on AT&T but have no clue how to fix it. It is really very annoying. I am curious to see if anyone has any ideas.

stillzmatik

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem to with my AT&T. It is a mild annoyance, but hopefully they will have a software patch for it in the coming months.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am leaning more towards carrier issue than hardware. but this has been going on for a long time with me

i have just made it a habit to say "hello" about a second, or less, before saying anything

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i noticed when i slide to answer the phone, it takes a sec to actually connect. so i always wait a slight moment before saying hello. wonder if this is what you are experiencing.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's an AT&T thing, and I've seen other people have the same experience with other smart phones on AT&T. Takes a second to actually connect the voice part of the call prior to just finding & ringing the device. Nothing you can do, just pause a second...then greet the caller.

mediaserve

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Fascinating discussion! I've been using Line2 for a business phone line on an iPhone 4s for some time now, and I've always noticed that it seems like callers can't hear the first second or two of my greeting. I chalked it up to Line2 VOIP and started pausing before answering. It became so frustrating that I eventually decided to port my business number to a new line of service on our AT&T plan, and instead of purchasing an iPhone 5, I chose the Lumia 900 (cheap, reputation for strong signal reception, and wanted to check out WP7.5 anyway). I'm not noticing this issue at all on the Lumia 900--even for the calls that are still forwarding from Line2 (still have an 800 number with them.) Calls are crisp and clear--noticeably better than with the 4s.

I would prefer to stay on iOS and buy the iPhone 5, but I think I'm getting much better phone service on the Lumia than I would on the iPhone.

(And BTW I remain a big Apple fan--4 iMacs, 3 Airs, 1 17" Macbook Pro, 5 iPads and three iPhones in the family. I'm not trying to stir up a debate--just relating my experience.)

Eisforme

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This isn't specific to the iPhone 5, not even all iPhones. I've noticed this on many phones. When you answer the call, wait until the call timer starts, then say, "hello." It just takes time for the call to connect/establish. Annoying? A little. Worth dumping a phone? Not hardly.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had this with a bunch of different smartphones over the years, but it's never been consistent enough (for me, anyway) to really cause much stir. I've learned to wait about a second before greeting, just out of habit.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll