iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

thnok

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I love cases as much as the iPhone itself and I've become very picky over the years.

Here is the list of what I have and my Top 5 cases:

Number 1: IvySkin Quattro T4 case:
iphone 3GS ipod touch 2g cases Hard iPhone 3GS case iphone battery case

By far the best case I owned. It's design, finish, slim profile and best of all the glass screen guard makes this case my #1 choice

Quattro-T4-case.png

Number 2: Speck CandyShell case:
Speck | CandyShell Case for iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS

Ranked 2nd because it doest have a hard screen guard and it scratches after couple of weeks.

img565603771.jpg

Number 3: Vaja leather case:
Vaja Leather Products

#3 Because after using it for 3 months, the belt-clip broke. For such a high priced item, I expected somthing better. Overall a great case though.

006-iVolution_front_closed_medium.jpg

Number 4: Otterbox defender:
iPhone 3G / 3GS Defender Case // OtterBox.com

I bought this case before I found out about the IvySkin T4 case. This was great before I got the T4. IvySkin case provides the same protection but is slimmer and has a glass touch screen so that's why this is ranked #4.

1942-05.5.jpg

Number 5: Switcheasy case:
Welcome to SwitchEasy

This was a great case for only a week. After the first week, the bottom of the case became loose and looked awful. I contacted them and they sent a new one.... I had the same issue. It looks great but I hated the hanging skin on my slick iPhone.

c.jpg
this is a great review short as well! :) love the case at #2

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone using the OTTER box TL case? Is so, what are yoir thoughts on the case?

Not yet. I just got it for my Wife for Christmas. (Pink) I will have to let you know. It is still in the box, but it looks very good. I have the Defender Series on my 3G and Love IT! My brother has the Commuter on his BB and it is VERY NICE!

animalhouseusa

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have had our iPhones for about 2 months now, she got the TL case and I got the Defender case. One of our business is doing shows and last weekend at a show we had our phones sitting on the table. A customer by accident knocked the table over the phones were sitting on, phone went flying to the concrete floor. Her phone did not do so well as screen got a crack and I had to replace with a new phone. Mine on the other had had no problems, this accident made both of us a firm believer in the defender case. I am lucky as my commercial insurance covered the new phone minus my deductible. When she saw the defender case, she thought it was to bulky for her and that is why she got the TL, now her new phone has the defender case. She also has a (iFrog Frosted Luxe) she uses when not at the shows.

Mikey62

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. I asked my wife to get me the TL case for Christmas as I had heard so many good reviews about this case. As I usually do not leave my phone laying around except when I am at work and it is where it can not get knocked on the floor or at home, I am sure this will be the best case for my needs. If not, then I may have to switch to the Defender case.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

ryan2bfree

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Looking for an iPhone case

I have been navigating through website to find my iPhone and found cretouch.com.
It seems that these guys makes a quite a list of cases and had been in business for a while.
Do you guys have any experience with these guys?
Please let me have some tips.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone using the OTTER box TL case? Is so, what are yoir thoughts on the case?

I bought the otterbox mainly because it had a plastic screen cover, aside from the case. The case itself offers GREAT protection, its a tank. But when I seen that Ivy Skin i kinda wish I had went that way.

50 dollars either way to protect a 700$ phone, definately worth it

geek9

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
I have been navigating through website to find my iPhone and found cretouch.com.
It seems that these guys makes a quite a list of cases and had been in business for a while.
Do you guys have any experience with these guys?
Please let me have some tips.

I have been using several cases from them. They make great quality cases for iPhone. Unlike most of companies carrying one type of case which is Back Cover case, they have several different types of case for iPhone, back cover case and folder type case, slide type case. I personally prefer their illuzion folder case. It's made in Leather and quality of leather is awesome. It provides full protection for my iPhone.

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna cross swords with so many hapy Otterbox users, but just gotta say from a protection point of view, Im extremely happy with the Speck CandyShell.

myhihi

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
My wonderful sillicon case from plusthing!

I recently purchased a sillicon case from a online store--plusthing.com. There are 100s styles cases and skin in the store.
It covers the rear, sides, and corners, fits perfectly, their service was prompt too. Works fine for me so far.and it's so light that doesn't make the phone to bulky to carry in pocket.and I got 2 gifts for free--a front invisibleshield and a winding device when I purchase a wonderful case for my iPhone!Haha. Wish you could find your favorite .Good luck!

alens

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using a Plus case now. It is very comfortable, Protects my iPhone good. They also send me a invisiblesheild to protect my iPhone screen for free, So wonderful!
You may buy it through online. the website is plusthing.com. Just search in web and choose which suits best for you.Good luck!:)

Last edited:

Mikey62

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got my Otterbox Commutter TL case and I have to say that I am very please. You have three layers of protection offered with this case. First, a screen protector, the second layer is a textured sillcone skin that confirms to the phone very snug, thirdly, you have a translucent plastic shell that clips around the spine adding extra support. Not bulky and feels really nice in your hands. Great product.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I just got a Speck Candyshell case for my phone and my wifes phone. I have to say...I love it.

Great case - nice feel, not too large of a form factor, the iPhone feels very snug in it.

Chris

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I keep my phone in my pocket when out so have shied away from shellcases and use a beyzacases slimline pouch for my 3GS and I can't recommend it highly enough for it's combination of slimness yet protection. Just ordered a Zaggs InvisibleShield so it will be interesting to see if I can get it on with no bubbles or creases.

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender Case for when I work and a Switcheasy capsule serpent for personal use.

I LOVE them both lol.

Would anyone be interested in a review of them? I've been thinking of starting a youtube review site for iphones and iphone accessories (apps, cases, etc).

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a Speck Toughskin, Speck Rebel M, faux iSkin Solo FX, a carbon fiber case and a white polycarbonate shell I bought in Hongkong, a red SGP case, a red More-Thing Noel case, two Griffin Wave cases and a devil design case. Whew! I don't like cases very much. LOL

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I have my 3GS wrapped in an iWrap (and you honestly can't tell it's there - much better than the zaggs. Highly recommended) and then when out and about I pop it into a Beyzacase slimline leather pouch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68