Question iPhone 14 pro max front camera issue

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
have my 14 pro max for about 1.5 years now haven't dropped it still in almost mint condition case on it since day one. about a week ago all of a sudden the front camera stop working. have called apple support and they did a diagnostic test and say the camera has failed? then they have suggested that I bring in the phone to get it checked out at the apple store which I made an appointment on Friday to check it out. since its past the 1 year warranty and I didnt get any extended one, I might be charged depending which I disagree with since I haven't done any physical damage on the phone or heavily abuse it. has this also happened to anyone? I been using iPhone for many years and never have had this happen especially when having done nothing to the phone. would like to hear everyones thought and esxperiences if anyone have? thank you

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 14 Pro Max since December 2022. No issues like you describe. I haven't heard anyone, other than you, mention this issue.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 14 Pro Max since December 2022. No issues like you describe. I haven't heard anyone, other than you, mention this issue.
I know it’s actually such a weird issue. I’m just waiting to see what is the real problem for the camera to just stop working out of nowhere. But then Face ID is still working normally

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I know it’s actually such a weird issue. I’m just waiting to see what is the real problem for the camera to just stop working out of nowhere. But then Face ID is still working normally

Does the flashlight work? Exactly what happens when you try a selfie?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Flashlight works and when I turn to the front camera. It’s just a blur screen and it freezes

Since the rear camera works ok, it could be a hardware issue. But could happen with low storage, a bug in the software, or the phone switching to macro mode to get out of focus. Try a hard reset first (reboot phone). If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings. If that doesn't work, try Erase All Content and Settings (factory reset). Then set up as new, not from a back up.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Since the rear camera works ok, it could be a hardware issue. But could happen with low storage, a bug in the software, or the phone switching to macro mode to get out of focus. Try a hard reset first (reboot phone). If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings. If that doesn't work, try Erase All Content and Settings (factory reset). Then set up as new, not from a back up.
I’ve done everything except for factory reset. Which I think will be my next step because it’s definitely some type of bug or something in the software that’s blocking the front camera from responding. I just got to prepare and back up everything before I do this process

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’ve done everything except for factory reset. Which I think will be my next step because it’s definitely some type of bug or something in the software that’s blocking the front camera from responding. I just got to prepare and back up everything before I do this process

Be sure to set it up as new. A back up might contain the corruption.