Question iPhone 12 hotspot won’t automatically connect to my android head unit…

May 30, 2024
Visit site
I bought a 9inch android 13 double din head unit for my truck and like most new vehicles and new stereos they automatically connect to Bluetooth upon starting the car after you set it up the first time of course. These stereos like most do automatically connect your Bluetooth but it will not automatically connect to my WiFi via my personal hotspot on my cellphone. Can someone tell me if there’s a solution for this??? I previously had an older version (android9.1) and it connected to both with no issues when I started the car… Is there a fix for this or any suggestions …??? Thanks in advance ✌🏻

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a 9inch android 13 double din head unit for my truck and like most new vehicles and new stereos they automatically connect to Bluetooth upon starting the car after you set it up the first time of course. These stereos like most do automatically connect your Bluetooth but it will not automatically connect to my WiFi via my personal hotspot on my cellphone. Can someone tell me if there’s a solution for this??? I previously had an older version (android9.1) and it connected to both with no issues when I started the car… Is there a fix for this or any suggestions …??? Thanks in advance ✌🏻
Hello and welcome to iMore. From the title, I see that you have an iPhone 12. I wonder if the issue is that your iPhone is not compatible with your Android head unit.

Note: I edited my post after getting more facts.

Last edited:
May 30, 2024
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. From the title, I see that you have an iPhone 12. I wonder if the issue is that your iPhone is not compatible with your Android head unit.

Note: I edited my post after getting more facts.
Hello 👋 The phone works but every single time I get in my truck I have to pull out my phone open settings and shut off my personal hotspot and after a few seconds turn it back on to which the android head unit recognizes it and eventually it connects. The issue is that this doesn’t happen in any other vehicle I’ve had or device I’ve been on and the weird thing is that it’s saved in my WiFi area but it needs to be switched off and on which is ridiculous…✌🏻

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
There might be something in the Shortcuts app that does that. I don’t have my iPhone on hand, so I can’t check if it’s capable of toggling the Personal Hotspot feature.

I remember that the Personal Hotspot settings page needs to be open for a non-Apple device to be able to connect. I don’t know if it is still the case.

May 30, 2024
Visit site
There might be something in the Shortcuts app that does that. I don’t have my iPhone on hand, so I can’t check if it’s capable of toggling the Personal Hotspot feature.

I remember that the Personal Hotspot settings page needs to be open for a non-Apple device to be able to connect. I don’t know if it is still the case.
I’m not exactly sure but this is a pain in the *** cause every time the vehicle gets shut off then I physically have to open my iPhone, settings, personal hotspot, shut it off …..wait , then turn it back on, wait until it connects through the head unit it’s such nonsense and this is the first vehicle/ stereo I’ve seen do it…

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m not exactly sure but this is a pain in the *** cause every time the vehicle gets shut off then I physically have to open my iPhone, settings, personal hotspot, shut it off …..wait , then turn it back on, wait until it connects through the head unit it’s such nonsense and this is the first vehicle/ stereo I’ve seen do it…
What I’m suggesting is just opening that Settings page without toggling, and trying to connect from your head unit.

As for automation using Shortcuts, it’s hypothetically feasible:
IMG_1176.png

IMG_1177.png

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iehrh