iPadOS 15.0 and Safari

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I update my iPad Pro to iPadOS 15.0 tonight. In Safari I have to “drill down” in the Safari sidebar to get to my bookmarks. After I select a bookmark I can’t close the sidebar unless I go back to the Safari sidebar. First how do I close the bookmark sidebar without having to go all the way back to the Safari sidebar? Also how can I make the bookmark sidebar default when starting Safari. IMG_0057.JPGI have attach 2 screen shots showing the 2 sidebars.IMG_0055.JPG

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Interesting my sidebar closes automatically. I can see how your situation can be annoying. The main reason I never liked when the sidebar could not be closed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is also Settings / Safari / Show Favorites Bar and, just above that, you can set Favorites to be your Bookmarks Menu if you have all of your bookmarks there. Then the bookmarks are on a bar just above the window and you don't need to open the sidebar.

But, yes, if you drill down into one of the sidebars, you need to go back to the top of the sidebar to expose the close sidebar control. Hopefully Apple keeps that control active through the entire sidebar hierarchy in a future release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77