iPad 4 Wifi problems??

mysoultree

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Same problem.........

I have been using iPad 2 since April 2012 with no wifi problem.
I bought 2 refurbished iPad 4s in May 2013.
Both of iPad 4 are having wifi problems since then.
They cannot hold a wifi signal while my iPad2 and iPhone4 hold it.
I tried several ways to restore wifi connection, such as reset network setting, reboot iPad, restore iPad setup and etc.
However, it kept happening.
One day, I was so upset because one of my iPad4 dropped wifi connection again so I went to the Apple store and swapped it out with a new(?) iPad4.
However, even the replaced one doesn't hold a wifi signal.
Now none of iPad4s hold a wifi signal.

Apple should be responsible for selling defected iPads to customers.

Rishang Santhpale

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
my ipad 4 with retina dsply is giving me (6hrs 45 min with 21hours and 30 min standby) approx 7 hours battery life if i use it play games continuously with wifi and bluetooth switched on do u think is this battery life is good coz according to apple official website its give 10 hours that is why i am asking???? plz reply

AimiP

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My ipad3, Sony laptop, Xperia tablet, and samsung and vodafone smartphones all connect to our wifi without any problems of dropping out. Our ipad4 drops out even when we're just 12 feet away from the hub. Apple have tried to tell me it's problems with the hub, and to go through all sorts of resetting/channel shenanigans.... Of course even if that were true it wouldn't solve my problem when i'm in a cafe with wifi and it dropping out... I spent a long time searching and it seems like the auto-brightness setting might be causing the problem. When I turned it off my wifi drop-out problem decreased significantly.

sashlon

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My ipad3, Sony laptop, Xperia tablet, and samsung and vodafone smartphones all connect to our wifi without any problems of dropping out. Our ipad4 drops out even when we're just 12 feet away from the hub. Apple have tried to tell me it's problems with the hub, and to go through all sorts of resetting/channel shenanigans.... Of course even if that were true it wouldn't solve my problem when i'm in a cafe with wifi and it dropping out... I spent a long time searching and it seems like the auto-brightness setting might be causing the problem. When I turned it off my wifi drop-out problem decreased significantly.

Maybe you're holding it wrong ;)

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had zero wifi issues until I got iOS7. After downgrading to iOS7 whenever the screen goes dark the wifi shuts off immediately. It's pretty lame that to download anything I have to leave the screen on.

traveller1976

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I saw this fix on another post and can attest that it works. I suffered from dropped connections and forgotten passwords, on both an Ipad1 and Ipad2, on both a Netgear and a TPlink router. Solution - Always use the Other option to manually enter network name, security type and password.

Aanya

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I never faced such type of problem with my iPad, but I heard one of my friend was saying like this and I am not sure how he solved. But I would suggest you just restart your connection and turn off iPad for an hour than check, may be it will work. Else call to apple support team they may be cone down or assist you to connect.

jop-ipad4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem constantly with an iPad 1. Setting the router on the 5 GHz band instead of the 2.4 GHz band did the trick. Only problem was everything else I owned ran on the 2.4 GHz band. Ended up installing two routers with the 5 GHz router handling the iPad only.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68