iPad 2 light leak

Does your iPad 2 have the light leak issue?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Light leak? What's a light leak?

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my 64gb wifi replacement today. This one is much better but slightly there still so I will keep this for a couple of months until apple correct the issue. No need to keep exchanging it that will only risk getting a replacement down the road. Apple keeps a record of how many times you swap your device. My suggestion just wait unless it's really bad then exchange it for less light bleed. Really no need to call for them to note it. They know the issue already and if you were to come back in months from now they will see your record exchange history. Just simply tell them you opted to wait problem solved. Genius has the best CS hands down.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Received my 32gb wifi yesterday. Light leaks in the corners. Only really noticeable with the black background as used in the Kindle for reading in the dark.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Please if anyone finally receive one with no leak let us now. We are waiting on the good batch to come.

pjtiern

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My 16 gb black wifi has no visible leak that I can see. I turned the lights off and brightness to full and MAYBE see a tiny bit, or did I just want to?

thommie343

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I received my 64 gb white ipad 2 replacement from the Apple Store and no light leaks at all. Only took about 5 days to come in and they let me keep my old one till it came in. The apple employee let us go in the employee bathroom to make sure there was no light leak before I left also.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just returned my brand new 32GB 3G Black after I found this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I could tell that the seal around that corner was not even glued properly, because if you press down on the glass it would contact the glue, and it would make a sticky pealing sound when you let go.

Last edited:

brendonlee

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bring up an old topic guys but I'm a little frustrated. So I went to the apple store yesterday to have them look at my light leak issue. The iPad is my first iOS device, and I gotta admit, after hearing how great apple support is, I was a little surprised when the genius bar told me that the light leak is normal on iPad 2's and they won't replace or fix it, especially after knowing (from here and other sites) that it isn't normal, and that other people are getting replacements.

So what do I do now? I explained how I felt in the satisfaction survey they sent after my visit, but I'm afraid that'll go unnoticed. I'm also worried if I call support, they'll simply say since the genius bar said there is no issue, there's nothing they can do....

Any feedback/ideas? Thanks!

brendonlee

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is an image of my light leak - sorry the pic quality is low, i only had my phone to take the pic with. Am i over obsessing about it?

ipad2-light-leak.jpg

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is an image of my light leak - sorry the pic quality is low, i only had my phone to take the pic with. Am i over obsessing about it?

Obsession is relative...

IMO its simple...

Is it eating at you that its there?

If yes then return it and get another one... if its too late...

Did you notice it before you read this thread? I have a suspicion that people only started noticing this after they started looking for it.

In my case I noticed that all my photos had a discoloration in the corner. Turned out the corner of my bezel was not glued down properly, and had massive leakage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson